Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dynasty league

Options
  • 05-03-2017 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm setting up a new dynasty league with IDP include on the ESPN format. I have 4/5 players interested already but looking for some additional players to get involved.

As a warning this is going to be a trade heavy league. If you're not interested in trading and just want to hold players this won't be the league for you. So you'll need to be active, up for trades and willing to discuss trades.

I'm currently doing up the rules and if there's sufficient numbers I'll set up the new league and post the rules up.

If you're interested, please reply on thread or through PM to me.

The plan will be to
    1) draft initial rosters of 25 players currently in the NFL
    2) a rookie draft of 7 rounds for the incoming players
    3) undrafted/ free agency auction to cover any who has players injured in pre season etc
    4) enjoy an NFL fantasy season

Thanks
    Brinty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Hi brinty, count me in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

As long as there's plenty of trading and interactions, I'm in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

gerryfed wrote: »
    As long as there's plenty of trading and interactions, I'm in :)

rules will dictate there'll be lots of trading and interaction

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Been bugging my mates the last few years to do similar to this so I'll join in if there is space. Haven't done the IDP scoring yet so wouldn't be too clued up in that area yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey brinty,

Just wondering have you tried other sites? One of the main reasons i didn't stick out the boards one was because of the espn platform. I recommend fleaflicker. If its not on espn id be up for it. Is it a fee league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Is any space left by any chance, do you have all the rules lineup? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 big_boss

Would also be interested if still available

HI all, sorry for not doing much on this recently was banned for a month.
    I have 6 confirmed players for the league and seven if its not on ESPN. I'm going to check out flea flicker tonight to see how that works.
    If any of you have friends that want to join in let me know, get them set up on a boards account...

I'll try and issue a general charter this week and vote on some fun rules next week.

Just as a heads up you'll need to be fairly active on boards for the draft as i'd propose to do it on thread with a 4 or six hour time limit between picks as we'll have 27 rounds and then a 5 round rookie draft to do before the start of the season..

brinty wrote: »
    HI all, sorry for not doing much on this recently was banned for a month.
    I have 6 confirmed players for the league and seven if its not on ESPN. I'm going to check out flea flicker tonight to see how that works.
    If any of you have friends that want to join in let me know, get them set up on a boards account...

I'll try and issue a general charter this week and vote on some fun rules next week.

Just as a heads up you'll need to be fairly active on boards for the draft as i'd propose to do it on thread with a 4 or six hour time limit between picks as we'll have 27 rounds and then a 5 round rookie draft to do before the start of the season..

The whole 27 round draft as a slow draft on boards??? :eek::eek::eek: Could we not just do a normal draft? And then a slow rookie rookie draft?

gerryfed wrote: »
    The whole 27 round draft as a slow draft on boards??? :eek::eek::eek: Could we not just do a normal draft? And then a slow rookie rookie draft?

We can off course but you'll have people taking rookies in the 27 rounds so its kind of hard to do it that way...

You'd probably draft fournette #1 if ye could

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    We can off course but you'll have people taking rookies in the 27 rounds so its kind of hard to do it that way...

You'd probably draft fournette #1 if ye could

Stop giving away my strategy man :)

No way of taking the rookies out no? Just 27 rounds of trying to keep track of whos gone, whos left, what positions you've fill, what positions the guys around ya need etc would be pretty tough in a slow draft...

Guys i tried DM'ing everyone. Can you confirm if you are still interested in taking part in this league

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Hey,

Still room for people in the league?

Only ever drafted on NFL.com in regular leagues of 12 STD socring but looking for something new

Hey,

Only ever drafted on NFL.com in regular leagues of 12 STD socring but looking for something new

There's space for sure mate so you're in
    Once i get more members I'll set everything up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you re: only standard leagues. Looking forward to this one!

Will the draft be live online or through a thread?

L.S.F wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you re: only standard leagues. Looking forward to this one!

Will the draft be live online or through a thread?

Thanks for getting back to me LSF
    It'll be too late to do on thread so we'll do a live draft
    I'll set up time once I get numbers
    as off now the only confirmed people are
    Me
    Gerry
    LSF
    P Sheriff Manning 18
    We need at least 6 more players and possibly 8 if we can get that many. We are considering a super flex format with two qb's starting

Any and all rules and suggestions will be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it still idp?

Guffy wrote: »
    Is it still idp?

Still IDP, on Espn cos I can't figure out flea flicker unfortunately

Guffy i know you said if it was ESPN you'd not be interested. Does that still stand or can we had you as player no 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

I would also be interested in this if there is still room.

• Advertisement

Wormy001 wrote: »
    I would also be interested in this if there is still room.

You're in sir

5/7 spots still open

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Manner14

Hi. I'd be interested if there is still spaces available

as off now the only confirmed people are
    Me
    Gerry
    LSF
    P Sheriff Manning 18
    Wormy001
    Manner14
    We need at least 4 more players and possibly 6 if we can get that many. We are considering a super flex format with two qb's starting

Any and all rules and suggestions will be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

I've never played in a dynasty league but would definitely be interested. I'm active on boards and lots of interaction and trades sounds good to me. If there's still space you can count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

So will this be going ahead this year? Getting close to the start of the season now...

Advertisement