Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags keep kicking my car in

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

I've just off Donore Ave, had my mirror done between 6pm - 8pm last Saturday! Not 100% if it was scrotes but I'm confident.

Literally same time, was 7pm last Saturday. Heard banging outside, ran out but they were gone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

dougee19 wrote: »
    Literally same time, was 7pm last Saturday. Heard banging outside, ran out but they were gone

What do these ****ers get out of that kind of carry on?? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

They're doing it because its the basic oneup-manship kids get up to, look at me, i such a mad fecker, i'll kick the mirrors off this car cause i don't give a f*ck, aren't i deadly. Young lads are especially prone to this kind of behavior. They'd probably love it if you came out and chased them and it would likely encourage them to keep doing it.

Is there are school or a place nearby where youths hang out after school? By the timing of it, it sounds like a group on there way back from school or somewhere like a local sports ground.

Perhaps if it is happening to multiple cars in the area, you could speak with the neighbors and arrange a kind of community watch where neighbors take it in shifts of 30 mins - 1 hour to watch parts of the street. Set up a whats app group or something so that when the crowd of them is spotted by the person on watch they can message the group and all the residents can come out and stand guard over their vehicles. Maybe post a bulletin in the local community center with an email address etc that people can use to join the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Genuinely ring the councillors ; if you look at the lAP forum reports on dcc.ie you will see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I agree with those who say: make it official; Gardai notified, local councillors called, local TDs called, Talk to Joe,etc,etc...the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil. Also, lots of photos of the offenders by way of dash cam or CCTV. If you can get a local councillor to go to the parents and they'll say to the parents that the cost of the damage will be stopped out of "yizzer dole", they won't be long in reining in the scobies. We had the same kind of grief until I caught one in the act and got a clear photo of him throwing stones at our house. Showed it to the local Guard and the problem went away.....I recall a bunch of lads from a posh area doing the same thing and my dad knew one of the parents and called him. The father was mortified and had to be dragged off the son, who never said boo to a goose after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I agree with those who say: make it official; Gardai notified, local councillors called, local TDs called, Talk to Joe,etc,etc...the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil. Also, lots of photos of the offenders by way of dash cam or CCTV. If you can get a local councillor to go to the parents and they'll say to the parents that the cost of the damage will be stopped out of "yizzer dole", they won't be long in reining in the scobies. We had the same kind of grief until I caught one in the act and got a clear photo of him throwing stones at our house. Showed it to the local Guard and the problem went away.....I recall a bunch of lads from a posh area doing the same thing and my dad knew one of the parents and called him. The father was mortified and had to be dragged off the son, who never said boo to a goose after that.

I agree. Also you may get a guard who can't be arsed; that is why you need more than one string to the bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dougee19 wrote: »

Must have just been going around on bikes doing it. Think mine was the only one done on a crowded road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

get your own back: wait til they advance to ownership of a Honda Civic and smash it's mirrors and windows. Nothing grieves a hypocritical scumbag more than having his property vandalised; it's ok to smash yours but he hates having it done to him...

Advertisement