Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrant thread ban

Options
  • 06-03-2017 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find an appropriate looking place to put a query of an infraction and thread ban. I was banned from Politics thread for sharing an article by the Times about Islamist insurgence in China. Jihadist insurgency has already been touched on in the same thread so I was surprised to find an infraction and thread ban when I logged back in.
    The only explanation I received was that sometimes discussions can get heated and posters should ''reign it in'' when asked by a moderator. I was not aware I had been involved in any heated discussion and as I was offline I did not see any moderator comments to me. If there were any, I can't see them, because I can't see the thread.
    I have PM'd the moderator to request clarification but not received a response yet, so I decided to post it here in case anyone could enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you provide a link to your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

dudara wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to your post?

I can't find the thread, presumably because I'm banned at the moment, but this is it, copied from the moderator's PM:

Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
    Worth a read as most of us don't hear about the global creep of extreme Islamism from our national media outlets.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ning-in-iraq-/

For some reason clicking on the Times link brings up an error, but there was nothing offensive in the article, to the best of my knowledge.

This appears to be a case of disputing a ban, so I'm going to move the relevant posts to DRP, and we can follow the process there. As already mentioned, you've contacted the mod (thanks for that), so let's give them a little time to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

dudara wrote: »
    This appears to be a case of disputing a ban, so I'm going to move the relevant posts to DRP, and we can follow the process there. As already mentioned, you've contacted the mod (thanks for that), so let's give them a little time to respond

Ok, thank you for moving to the correct place.

No worries, as mentioned, let's wait for the mod to respond to you. If they don't, please post here again and we'll get a CMod involved.

• Advertisement

Just a gentle reminder that only the OP, relevant CMod and Admins can post in DRP. Other posts & responses to other posts will be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response from the OP.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement