Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncrowded gym, with trainers?

• 06-03-2017 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to find a gym thats not a typical wedged gym with minimal or poor equipment. I was previously a member of a great gym in Cork where a program was done up for me, revised every 4 weeks, bodyfats taken and every session was at least supervised and was one on one when program changes were made to ensure correct form etc.

It was an expensive gym, but worth it (100/mo for 3 days a week). Can anybody suggest anything similar in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I go to fit100, 80 euro a month. You get an initial analysis, and are supplied with a program matching how often you want to go. Mine has been updated already after only three weeks.

Plenty of floor supervision, and you have unlimited access to classes. Its on the ballysimon road side of town.

I go at varying times of the day and there are is plenty of access toequipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I go to fit100, 80 euro a month. You get an initial analysis, and are supplied with a program matching how often you want to go. Mine has been updated already after only three weeks.

Plenty of floor supervision, and you have unlimited access to classes. Its on the ballysimon road side of town.

Thanks a million, exactly the type of answer I was looking for. Raheen side of town would suit better as that's where I'm working, but it's not too far away if I head the motorway direction.

Thanks Birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Birdie086 wrote: »

My gym membership is up now too and I'm thinking of switching gyms. I'm currently going to the bodybuilding in Raheen and I'm doing my own program but I've gotten very lazy lately and my diet is gone out the window for ages now so this sounds interesting. 80 a month seems pricey, is the equipment good in there? Do they do nutrition plans and regular body fat checks etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Harambe wrote: »
    My gym membership is up now too and I'm thinking of switching gyms. I'm currently going to the bodybuilding in Raheen and I'm doing my own program but I've gotten very lazy lately and my diet is gone out the window for ages now so this sounds interesting. 80 a month seems pricey, is the equipment good in there? Do they do nutrition plans and regular body fat checks etc.?

there is link on their facebook where you can book a free meeting with them, and I also think there is a free trial class on a Saturday morning. It seems to have everything. I come from a strength and conditioning background and so far there isn't anything I have looked for that isn't there.
    The last Saturday morning of every month is a test morning. I didn't partake this month as I am only getting back into training after a year out to have a baby.

What I got for my money so far is a personalised nutrition program and personalised weights program. My weights program was updated three weeks in. The trainers who supervise the floor really seem to know their stuff and there is also a healthy emphasis on mobility which is key to progression.

For me its money well spent, but its near where I live so no real travel time which is important to me. The hitt classes are great, I am struggling a wee bit them as I am only getting back into but the trainers really do keep a very close eye on form.

I would recommend at least trying it out or booking a few personal training sessions in your own gym, that might be all you need to get things going again. It may seem expensive but you get what you pay for.

Advertisement