Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity GP in the Castlebar area?

Options
  • 06-03-2017 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to boards and am looking for advice! I've just confirmed I'm pregnant! 🀗We are over the moon as we have been trying for 2 years and have had 1 failed IUI and 2 failed IVF cycles. Anyway, fingers and toes crossed now that everything goes great for the next 9 months and we are lucky enough to have our healthy happy baby in the end!
    I am unsure as to what the next steps are? I work in Dublin but hubby lives in Mayo and I plan to move West so expect I'll be having the baby in Castlebar hospital. Can anyone recommend a good maternity GP in the Castlebar area? Should I try to push the already spent budget to going private considering our journey to get to this point and the fact that I'm 39?
    Any and all advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

Congrats and best wishes to ye.only thing I can say is that we didn't go private.went normal public and all I can say was that staff were all excellent and extremely helpful.nurses were absolutely top class and they were the ones we had most contact with.we were in the west aswell.anyway congrats and best of luck to ye.hope all goes well.

I agree with the above poster. Going private doesn't make much difference. The staff and service in castlebar is excellent. Some people go private to get a certain doctor but if that doctor is not there on your delivery you will have a different one
    The only thing about private you might want is a private room instead of a ward with 5 others. But again if that private room is not available you won't get it.
    We live 30 miles from castlebar so can't recommend a gp
    There is a pregancy form on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Congrats.

If you choose public and want extra scans, there's a private company that does 2D/3D/4D scanning in Castlebar. Innvervision.ie afaik. I've no connection with it and don't have any reviews... but it might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Dr Stephen Patten on Thomas St is an absolutely wonderful GP and a really nice person which is a very rare combination.  I have recommended him to many friends and they also found him excellent. Check out his details here - http://www.drpatten.ie/

Advertisement