Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subaru impreza as a first car

Options
  • 06-03-2017 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on getting me drivers licence at the end of April and am planning to drive me mothers Corsa for about a year and then buy a car for myself as I'm gonna be moving out and going to colledge. I was thinking could i insure Base model Subaru Impreza on my behalf? (not an WRX or STI) and if so, how much could it be?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If Subaru never released a 1 litre model (they didn't) you can forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

They could not refuse to insure you but you would need to win the lottery or take out a €9,000 loan to cover it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vilkela

So the insurance on this one would be over lets say € 5.500? if that's the case what if my mother would write it on herself and add me as a second driver? or I wouldn't get the experience from the tickets since I'm the second driver?

By the way what about the insurance where they would put this box in your car and track your speed and how often you brake and stuff? would that be considerably cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

waste of time unless its brand new and you have deep pockets.a lot of insurance companies won't even quote drivers on cars older than 12 years old now.i know a lad with a 20 year no claims bonus who is with the same company 10 years.they refused to quote as car is 13 years old.absolute farce.if its deemed road worthy by the clowns in the nct how can it then be deemed too old by some biro clicker staring at a computer.
    Country is fxcked lads.ran into the ground by gangsters and idiots.op hit for Australia if you can.plenty imprezas over there.you could probably insure a wrx there for the price of the phone call ringing companies here looking for a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

vilkela wrote: »
    So the insurance on this one would be over lets say € 5.500? if that's the case what if my mother would write it on herself and add me as a second driver? or I wouldn't get the experience from the tickets since I'm the second driver?

By the way what about the insurance where they would put this box in your car and track your speed and how often you brake and stuff? would that be considerably cheaper?

They are clamping down on the second driver thing. Both you and your mum could end up in bother if you had an accident. Box or no box, you will still pay big bucks.

Get a small car and earn a no claims.

Try getting an online quote.. You won't but you can try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 vilkela

Alright lads thanks for help :) !

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They could not refuse to insure you but you would need to win the lottery or take out a €9,000 loan to cover it..

They can refuse to quote you for insurance and regularly now do and I'm talking about no convictions no points and full no claims.
    Bxlls of a country lads.wallace and the gangsters above in the dail then.he should be taken out and power washed and shear him then like a sheep.state of him.couldnt even bother to shave or cut his hair.only place he's fit to work is in a field scaring crows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

They can refuse to quote you for insurance and regularly now do and I'm talking about no convictions no points and full no claims.
    Bxlls of a country lads.wallace and the gangsters above in the dail then.he should be taken out and power washed and shear him then like a sheep.state of him.couldnt even bother to shave or cut his hair.only place he's fit to work is in a field scaring crows.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/motor_tax_and_insurance/motor_insurance.html
    If you are refused motor insurance
    Individual insurers have the right to refuse you cover, but they must provide you with a reason for the refusal should you ask for one. However, even though you have been refused cover, you are entitled to go to the Declined Cases Committee of Insurance Ireland who will obtain an insurance quotation for you. In order for the Committee to consider your case you must first have sought and been refused quotations in writing from at least three insurers.

You can always get a quote in the end if you go through the Declined Cases Committee of Insurance Ireland. But the quote will probably be something insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    In New Zealand I insured a 2.0 turbo Subaru Legacy GT 280bhp for 500 nz dollars fully comp. About 350 euro. Then I insured a 3.0 v6 Mitsubishi for 100 dollars TPFT. And I'm under 30. Cheap as chips over there..

I'd well believe it jacksie.was in Aus and nz myself.plus you have 40 times better roads,no rob job nct every year and no big rob job tax based on engine size like this gangster ville.last car I put through the nct here the ape that tested it damaged the car through pure piggery which I had the pleasure of not alone paying for but also observing through the window.wouldnt be surprised if it was the pigs first time sitting in a car.
    any dreams to be achieved in modern day Ireland can only now be reached through fraud,corruption and theft.like they say if you can't beat them,join them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement