Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from Savings to current account

• 06-03-2017 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

I have two savings accounts and a current account on the go at the moment. I am heading travelling around Asia for 8 month from April 21st and i am looking to withdraw from my savings accounts. How much notice do i need to give?

Also if you have any other general tips while i am away with regards banking i would appreciate it.

Regards,

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Kennek1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have two savings accounts and a current account on the go at the moment. I am heading travelling around Asia for 8 month from April 21st and i am looking to withdraw from my savings accounts. How much notice do i need to give?

Also if you have any other general tips while i am away with regards banking i would appreciate it.

Regards,

K
    Hi Kennek1, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Depending on the types of Savings account you have, there may be different notice periods. For example, a 365 Monthlysaver account has a seven day notice period. If you know the type of Savings accounts you have, please let us know and we can confirm this for you here. You can withdraw from your Savings by clicking on the Withdraw Funds button next to the Savings account name on your 365 Home page. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

Thanks for the response. Yes it's a monthly saver so 7 days notice should be sufficient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Kennek1,

When you put in the withdraw request online, the notice will be put in place the next working day and funds will transfer into your current account seven days after this.

Prior to going travelling, we'd advise having your travel dates noted on your account. You can do this through Service Desk on 365 Online. We've info on charges to use your debit card outside the Eurozone here and a credit card here. If you check here you'll find tips on card, ATM and online security. 

Our Twitter handle @TalktoBOI is monitored 24/7 so if you need any help while abroad, day or night, you can tweet us and the team will reply to you within minutes.

Please let me know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement