Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance and flat roof on old extension

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am almost at the end of the process of buying a mid terraced house (1950s), there is only this insurance that I must have ready to go to in order to  sign contracts.
    The problem is that the quote they offer me is on condition the house has not more than 20% of a flat roof.
    I think it has more, from the city council property map it seems so. This house has an extension built 40 years ago with a flat roof. 
     The structural survey did not measure these things and the valuation survey does not mention this detail either.
    How can I find this out? Should I contact the sales agent and see if the seller has this information? Should I get a builder and ask the sales agent to see the house?
    Another option I was told and since we will not move immediately as we want to renovate it (gut the house probably) is to get only fire insurance but I would need a quote for the potential works.
    What would be the best thing to do here? How can we find for sure the measure of the flat roof?

Advertisement