Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a private consultant in the Rotunda please!

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Morning everyone!

So as the title says - looking for people to recommend their consultant in the Rotunda please!

It'll be baby number three - and will be a planned section - (two previous sections, one emergency and one planned)

Going to the Rotunda Private as had both babies there ( a long time ago now!) and it's the one closest to us.

Did anyone have a section in the Rotunda going privately? What was your consultant like - was she/he there? Did they give you a date early?

Thanks in advance - going off now to pinch myself to make sure this is real!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Morning everyone!

So as the title says - looking for people to recommend their consultant in the Rotunda please!

It'll be baby number three - and will be a planned section - (two previous sections, one emergency and one planned)

Going to the Rotunda Private as had both babies there ( a long time ago now!) and it's the one closest to us.

Did anyone have a section in the Rotunda going privately? What was your consultant like - was she/he there? Did they give you a date early?

Thanks in advance - going off now to pinch myself to make sure this is real!!!

Hey there! I am going to Jennifer Donnelly and would defo recommend her!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Apple of my eye

Hey Sherlof!

Congratulations! Are you having a planned section with her/ Did she give you a date early?

I've read her biog on the Rotunda website - and have heard that she's very down to earth and a lovely manner about her!

Hey Sherlof!

Congratulations! Are you having a planned section with her/ Did she give you a date early?

I've read her biog on the Rotunda website - and have heard that she's very down to earth and a lovely manner about her!

Congrats to you too! Nope I'm a FTM, but attended her last year which ended in miscarraige and D&C. She was extremely supportive throughout that difficult time and again has been very supportive and reassuring hence my recommending her to anyone and everyone!

I'm so sorry for your loss Sherlof3 - and I really didn't mean to be so thoughtless asking all those questions.

I will definitely put her on my list, and thanks so much for taking the time to reply x

I'm so sorry for your loss Sherlof3 - and I really didn't mean to be so thoughtless asking all those questions.

I will definitely put her on my list, and thanks so much for taking the time to reply x

Not thoughtless at all don't worry. Best of luck with everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

I'm attending Sharon Cooley and I would highly recommend her. She is so lovely - I am slightly higher risk and she has been fantastic.
    My few of my friends went with her also and they all sang her praises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

With Prof Malone, couldn't recommend him more, never late and scan every visit. Gave me personal mobile details and email for queries; haven't used them but good peace of mind. Quite practical about things.

Thanks so much everyone - a friend of mine was over last night and was talking about Sharon Cooley as well as she was taken over by her when Michael Geary left and she was delighted with her.

People always rave about Fergal Malone as well!

Has anyone had a section while private? What was the after-care like by the consultant?

Thanks for all taking the time to reply - really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'd recommend Geraldine Connolly she is brillant. I didnt have a section , normal delivery. She was there through it all +kept me so calm. Also checked on me everyday afterwards. I have also heard great things about Sharon Cooley.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭streetcar

Thanks so much everyone - a friend of mine was over last night and was talking about Sharon Cooley as well as she was taken over by her when Michael Geary left and she was delighted with her.

People always rave about Fergal Malone as well!

Has anyone had a section while private? What was the after-care like by the consultant?

Thanks for all taking the time to reply - really appreciate it!

Out of interest, who did you end up choosing?
    Trying to decide and finding it very difficult. They are all very qualified and I have such positive things that it's hard to know why people choose one over the other. I would guess that a lot of it is based on recommendations but I never paid attention when people spoke about it and I can't ask :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement