Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of costings

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi, just in the process of buying a site to do a self build. I previously applied for a mortgage to buy a house but this seems to be a better option. To change the mortgage application they a looking for a list of estimated costings for the build. I was just wondering has anyone previously had to do this and how much detail must I go into with each cost.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

alan86 wrote: »
    Hi, just in the process of buying a site to do a self build. I previously applied for a mortgage to buy a house but this seems to be a better option. To change the mortgage application they a looking for a list of estimated costings for the build. I was just wondering has anyone previously had to do this and how much detail must I go into with each cost.

Your Engineer/Architect/Surveyor needs to fill out, sign and stamp this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

kceire wrote: »
    Your Engineer/Architect/Surveyor needs to fill out, sign and stamp this form.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering how much info I need for him like floor finishing and stuff or does he give a rough estimate on them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

alan86 wrote: »
    Ok thanks. I was just wondering how much info I need for him like floor finishing and stuff or does he give a rough estimate on them

You'll need a finished price plus a contingency, in our case with Ulster Bank it was 15% contingency.

Advertisement