Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with my macros!

• 06-03-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So im super confused, Im trying to do ny macros and dont know if Im doing them right so any advice is appreciated!

Im 21, 5"4 and I weight about 144 lbs, my body fat is probly around 25%. I work out in the gym about 4-6 times a week (mainly weight trainig and some hiit cardio)
    I worked out my macros but I dont know if I done it correctly.

Protein: 170g
    Carbs: 170g
    Fat: 25g

(1700cals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Male or female? What's your goal?

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tal9555

bladespin wrote: »
    Male or female? What's your goal?

Im a female, and I want loose abit of weight 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have a look at one of the calculators (most are similar) but Scoobysworkshop has tonnes of info to help you get a more accurate number.

I used 40/40/20 using a 20% cal reduction for fat loss and 45/35/20 with 10% cal increase for gains (hopefully - I'm there now).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Once your calorie intake is lower than your calories burned throughout a day, you will lose weight. Macros are fine. 1700kcal should see you lose weight but its not an exact science so monitor progress and adjust intake as necessary.

Ok thank you I will check that out

• Advertisement

Once your calorie intake is lower than your calories burned throughout a day, you will lose weight. Macros are fine. 1700kcal should see you lose weight but its not an exact science so monitor progress and adjust intake as necessary.

Thank you, I just wanted a second opinion but yeah I am currently keeping my cals at 1700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tal9555 wrote: »
    Thank you, I just wanted a second opinion but yeah I am currently keeping my cals at 1700

A calculator will indicate that you burn ~1900 calories a day and you're recording your intake at 1700 calories a day but there are a host of other factors that come into play that mean it's not as formulaic as 1700 - 1900 = -200 calories per day.

Take progress photos and keep an eye on weight. It will fluctuate a bit at your TOM as well so just be aware of that. What you want to see is a general trend in the right direction. If that isn't happening in a few weeks, then something needs to be tweaked. Usually the diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Tal9555 wrote: »
    So im super confused, Im trying to do ny macros and dont know if Im doing them right so any advice is appreciated!

Im 21, 5"4 and I weight about 144 lbs, my body fat is probly around 25%. I work out in the gym about 4-6 times a week (mainly weight trainig and some hiit cardio)
    I worked out my macros but I dont know if I done it correctly.

Protein: 170g
    Carbs: 170g
    Fat: 25g

(1700cals)

In my non-professional opinion, the fat seems a bit low, especially for the healthy hormone function for a female?

Advertisement