Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin car dealer [to buy my car]

• 06-03-2017 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Looking to offload a car, private selling hasnt gone to plan. Just want rid now. can anyone recommend a dealer who will give me a fair enough price?

Dublin based if possible

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Whatever reason its not selling private whether its price, make/model no dealer will give you anything close to what it would sell for privatly so maybe drop your asking price on your adds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

Whatever reason its not selling private whether its price, make/model no dealer will give you anything close to what it would sell for privatly so maybe drop your asking price on your adds.

have done..its a mini cooper. up against it (50% of population (men) mostly not interested)

I just want to see what a dealer would quote me at least

any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

guile4582 wrote:
    any recommendations?

No sorry but any second hand dealer may make you an offer but it wouldnt be a good one considering they would have to prep it for sale offer a warranty and make a profit.
    There is a thread here for selling cars maybe put a link on that and you may get advice on your add.

Have you got it advertised on done deal and adverts ??

No sorry but any second hand dealer may make you an offer but it wouldnt be a good one considering they would have to prep it for sale offer a warranty and make a profit.
    There is a thread here for selling cars maybe put a link on that and you may get advice on your add.

Have you got it advertised on done deal and adverts ??

yeah tis on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

guile4582 wrote: »
    yeah tis on both

Post links to the ads. people here are good at giving advice on ad content and layout. Expect an immediate reaction to the asking price - it's always too high!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How old is the car? Most main dealers will not want anything over 5-6 years old.

How old is the car? Most main dealers will not want anything over 5-6 years old.

its 10 years old

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-mini-cooper-new-nct-low-mileage-32-000-miles/13915403

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jhud

Hi Just looked at your post on the adverts cars for sale and its the 2007 1.6l Petrol. Well looking at the price it seems to be too much. Yes there are other cars there for about 3950 with higher mileage but 2k for just the mileage is a lot 1 k would be even too high imo but norm i taught was around 500-700 for mileage difference. Just on this another dealer had one for 88k same year and all for €4950 http://www.adverts.ie/car/mini/cooper/mini-cooper-2007/12151083. I would say €4750 would be an option or €5000.

A car of this year would be hard to sell with the new insurance rule some are taking up (10 year or older not insuring unless already owned for 1 year or more or something like that.)Dealer would drop at least 3k off car in your case from your list it would be 4k or more.

just examples of others

http://www.adverts.ie/car/mini/cooper/2007-mini-cooper/12357144
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/mini/cooper/2007-mini-cooper/12344771

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Are the racing stripes original? Looks like they're about to come off.

I just noticed that it's an import, when did you import it? Are you really the first owner? Or just the first Irish owner?

Maybe pay someone to wash the car and take the pictures again, not that the current pictures are bad. But just have it looking as well as is possible.

the owner moved to Ireland with the car. All paperwork from the day the car was bought right up to its NCT this month are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are the racing stripes original? Looks like they're about to come off.

+1 it's especially noticeable in photo 6 - the stripes don't come up as far as the radiator grille so it looks like an amateur duct tape job. If they were installed by a professional or in the factory, it would have been done with the grille taken off.

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 it's especially noticeable in photo 6 - the stripes don't come up as far as the radiator grille so it looks like an amateur duct tape job. If they were installed by a professional or in the factory, it would have been done with the grille taken off.

they are original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Its just too dear for a not particularly desirable model like a cooper s

rex-x wrote: »
    Its just too dear for a not particularly desirable model like a cooper s

ok fair enough, thanks for the input. I am willing to listen to offers on it. gonna throw up ONO on it anyway. as mentioned just looking for some input to its worth. i based my price on what i saw up there

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

' the owner ?' are you not the owner ?
    somewhere like Lambe and o connor in Fairview like these cars and are a reputable dealer - but cant say how good a price you will get. low mileage doesn't really count for much at this end of market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldn't go throwing it away. That mileage is well worth paying through the nose for. I think you will get a customer for that if you hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

guile4582 wrote: »
    the owner moved to Ireland with the car. All paperwork from the day the car was bought right up to its NCT this month are available.

Was that the 1st, 2nd or 3rd (current) owner?

How come you want rid of it after only having it 4 months? Usual mini engine issues?

sold it last night €5500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Please take down your ad then.

Advertisement