Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxing and wedding beauty prep

Options
  • 06-03-2017 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So quite embarrassing... I have never had a professional leg or bikinin wax and I am nearly 30.

I am getting married in November and would like to look and feel my best for it.

How long should I leave my legs unshaved for before a wax?

If getting waxed how long before wedding should I get it done to allow for fake tan two days before the wedding?

Any other tips appreciated.

Would a californian wax be best for a waxing virgin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm in the same boat as you OP, I've got a wedding in June abroad that I'm going to try use as a trial for wax and tan to make sure my skin is okay with it.
    I know no lotions 24hrs after a wax anyway!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you shave your legs regularly, then 10 days growth would be grand for waxing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cutehoore

pinkypinky wrote: »
    If you shave your legs regularly, then 10 days growth would be grand for waxing.

Oh God, ten days ill be like my oh haha I am just mortified of going in and them thinking I am "to hairy"

GingerLily wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you OP, I've got a wedding in June abroad that I'm going to try use as a trial for wax and tan to male sure my skin is okay with it.
    I know no lotions 24hrs after a wax anyway!

Thanks, it is something I always want to get done but I can barly keep on top of eye brows haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

pinkypinky wrote: »

Really? I don't find this to be the case, unless your hair grows very quickly.

I typically need to leave it at least 4 weeks. Much less, then my results arent that good. I don't get waxed all that often for that very reason.

If you've never had a wax you'll need to call in for a patch test first. As for fake tan, I'd say at least wax about 48 hours before tan application to be safe.

• Advertisement

Really? I don't find this to be the case, unless your hair grows very quickly.

I typically need to leave it at least 4 weeks. Much less, then my results arent that good. I don't get waxed all that often for that very reason.

If you've never had a wax you'll need to call in for a patch test first. As for fake tan, I'd say at least wax about 48 hours before tan application to be safe.

Well I have had my brows done so won't need the patch test.

So if I was to start waxing now, I would then leave it every 4 or 5 weeks in between? I wonder what the regrowth would be like?

Will have to try and see is it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Brow tint and tan are different products so you do need a patch test. Why on earth would you want to risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

MinnieMinx wrote: »
    Brow tint and tan are different products so you do need a patch test. Why on earth would you want to risk it?

I think they meant about the wax only

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Make sure you get a decent waxer. Get recommendations.

Just because someone is good a waxing your brows doesn't mean they'll be good at waxing your bikini area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

cutehoore wrote: »
    Well I have had my brows done so won't need the patch test.

So if I was to start waxing now, I would then leave it every 4 or 5 weeks in between? I wonder what the regrowth would be like?

Will have to try and see is it for me.
    Unless it's the same wax used on leg and bikini (it shouldn't be. 1 would be strip, 1 hot) you'll need a patch test. If you've never been to a salon before they should do a patch test regardless of where you've been waxed previously

• Advertisement

I assumed all lycon wax was the same and would not need to be patch tested again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You will be fine with Lycon if you've used Lycon before, but there's different types of Lycon wax. That said, most decent salons insist on patch tests for new clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

Have you guys tried sugaring?

Advertisement