Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3: Awful customer service!

Options
  • 06-03-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Having received notice today of 3s intention to increase my price plan and basically change my contract, I have made umpteen attempts to contact them. There is nobody available to speak to me, there is no email address that I can use, I tried live chat and there's is nobody there to talk. From other posts I have read today, there appears to be a deliberate attempt to duck complaints. When is a contract not a contract? If they can change the terms of the contract, then do can you! Rise up 3 customers and don't stand for this. Cancel your contracts and go elsewhere. They are treating their customers with the utmost contempt!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Three have set up a special number to deal with this. If you look in the talk to three section of boards you'll see multiple threads about this issue with the number to contact them repeated many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

got through the other night after 18 mins. Given the amount of people trying to contact them it's prob to be expected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

They're obviously extremely busy because of this issue, patience is a virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It's annoying but do people really think companies have around 50-90% of their staff laying idle most of the time? You don't staff for peak.

Also you went to the trouble of creating an account and making 1 post here - why not post on Three's talk to forum, here on boards, or at least post here AND there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Three have set up a special number to deal with this. If you look in the talk to three section of boards you'll see multiple threads about this issue with the number to contact them repeated many times.

Any the threads and posts from people who spent hours trying to get through to that number.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    They're obviously extremely busy because of this issue, patience is a virtue.

The phone number was either inaccessible or randomly cutting off when on hold. Patience is one thing when you are in a queue and getting close to being served, but when you can't even join the queue or you are repeatedly randomly kicked out of the queue it is hard to remain patience.

It's annoying but do people really think companies have around 50-90% of their staff laying idle most of the time? You don't staff for peak.

Also you went to the trouble of creating an account and making 1 post here - why not post on Three's talk to forum, here on boards, or at least post here AND there.

The problems getting in the queue and getting kicked off the queue are nothing to do with staff levels.

The problems getting in the queue and getting kicked off the queue are nothing to do with staff levels.

They are. The call queuing systems can't handle the load as the staff can't answer the phones quick enough. It's not some conspiracy as all you have to do is send a dated letter.

Exactly the same thing happened to another telecomms provider recently when they did a price increase.

They are. The call queuing systems can't handle the load as the staff can't answer the phones quick enough. It's not some conspiracy as all you have to do is send a dated letter.

Exactly the same thing happened to another telecomms provider recently when they did a price increase.

Staff can't answer quick enough? Ridiculous excuse, the system should easily handle that. The day of expecting customers to send a 'dated letter' are long gone. Are we expected to use registered mail to track if they received the letter? Are they expected to respond by letter so we know the request was received and processed?

Or should we fire off a letter and assume the request is processed and never query / verify it?

Staff can't answer quick enough? Ridiculous excuse, the system should easily handle that.

They patently don't. Not a month goes by that some major organisations systems don't go down due to demand. It's far from ideal but it's not unexpected.
    The day of expecting customers to send a 'dated letter' are long gone. Are we expected to use registered mail to track if they received the letter?

And that's why smart people still send letters. They treated much more seriously and generally at head office. You can track it or rely on the postal rule.
    Are they expected to respond by letter so we know the request was received and processed?

You do know how we all got informed of this price rise right? Hint it was papery and came in an envelope.
    Or should we fire off a letter and assume the request is processed and never query / verify it?

Track it or rely on the postal rule and keep a copy.

• Advertisement

They patently don't. Not a month goes by that some major organisations systems don't go down due to demand. It's far from ideal but it's not unexpected.

And that's why smart people still send letters. They treated much more seriously and generally at head office. You can track it or rely on the postal rule.

You do know how we all got informed of this price rise right? Hint it was papery and came in an envelope.

Track it or rely on the postal rule and keep a copy.

So we should rely on letters to deal with a telecom company where we have email, IM, phone, SMS etc. I think someone needs to join the 21st century.

Doesn't matter if I know I sent it, how am I sure the correct department received it and processed it as requested? Are you guaranteeing that they will respond to a letter with a confirmation of account cancellation etc?

Re your 'hint', the letter arrived today, days after this came to our attention. No doubt the letter was the first you heard of the changes though.

Regardless of all above, what about non-cancellation queries? Should they be processed through snail mail also?

So we should rely on letters to deal with a telecom company where we have email, IM, phone, SMS etc. I think someone needs to join the 21st century.

Doesn't matter if I know I sent it, how am I sure the correct department received it and processed it as requested? Are you guaranteeing that they will respond to a letter with a confirmation of account cancellation etc?

Re your 'hint', the letter arrived today, days after this came to our attention. No doubt the letter was the first you heard of the changes though.

Regardless of all above, what about non-cancellation queries? Should they be processed through snail mail also?

You're rambling now. I heard about it here and like a few others have posted asking the reps on social media for attention - that also focuses the mind. However if I need to cancel it will be a dated letter and a port to another provider. Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You have 30 days. It's all a little over dramatic to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It is annoying that a lot of telecom providers can't be contacted by email.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

You're rambling now. I heard about it here and like a few others have posted asking the reps on social media for attention - that also focuses the mind. However if I need to cancel it will be a dated letter and a port to another provider. Simples.

I think in fairness to the OP, many companies will insist you phone to cancel (hello Sky),in order to try to dissuade you from leaving, and will not accept any other method of cancellation.

cml387 wrote: »
    I think in fairness to the OP, many companies will insist you phone to cancel (hello Sky),in order to try to dissuade you from leaving, and will not accept any other method of cancellation.

They say they don't. I happen to know different for that particular company. I'd be very suprised if a dated letter out of contract was not accpeted as notice by the majority of companies. It would almost certainly be fatal to any debt collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chocandgo

As 3 are not contactable by email, which we recognise as a deliberate attempt to keep customers at arm's length, and the phone message urges you to go to live chat which, on leaving the queue, you discover is unmanned, excuses such as overload etc don't wash with me. 3 want to change my contract and they don't want to have to deal with me so they try to cut me off at the pass. This is not new in customer relations. In the absence of the option of an email to Head Office, the dated letter is a good solution if you don't want to spend half your life in a queue. I will attempt to post elsewhere ( I am a novice). Thank you.

chocandgo wrote: »
    As 3 are not contactable by email, which we recognise as a deliberate attempt to keep customers at arm's length, and the phone message urges you to go to live chat which, on leaving the queue, you discover is unmanned, excuses such as overload etc don't wash with me. 3 want to change my contract and they don't want to have to deal with me so they try to cut me off at the pass. This is not new in customer relations. In the absence of the option of an email to Head Office, the dated letter is a good solution if you don't want to spend half your life in a queue. I will attempt to post elsewhere ( I am a novice). Thank you.

Also note that when you go to live chat and give all your details and then mention that you want to cancel, they will say they can't process a cancellation request through online chat and you need to ring the cancellation team on 1800 818 021.

Just another reminder - they have a talk to forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just another reminder - they have a talk to forum...

They won't cancel there, either.

If its still impossible to get through to them in a few days it'll be time to start really pushing Comreg to get to actually talk to someone in Comreg (not the outsourced call centre staff you get first - they can't do anything) about it. I suspect they simply don't have enough staff as it appears virtually everyone in a contract with a subsidised phone is leaving.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    They won't cancel there, either.

If its still impossible to get through to them in a few days it'll be time to start really pushing Comreg to get to actually talk to someone in Comreg (not the outsourced call centre staff you get first - they can't do anything) about it. I suspect they simply don't have enough staff as it appears virtually everyone in a contract with a subsidised phone is leaving.

Oh absolutely and don't get me wrong - it's far from ideal but my incredulity stems from people thinking it's some sort of calcualted attempt. It's just incompetance.

Thanks for the heads up - I know what I'm doing on my lunch. Although I will say, moaning here will be seen by a few and no one from three. Monaing there...

I honestly feel so sorry for 3 staff at the moment, or whomever they contract out their call centre work to. Bear in mind guys that these people are on minimum wage and they weren't the ones who decided to up your prices. They've a script to follow and that's it.

I've no vested interest by the way other than having a daughter who once worked in one of these call centres and nearly had a nervous breakdown as a result.

Samuel you will see from 3's thread on here they're already getting the guff and they can't do anything either. The line they've been given is you must ring this number to cancel, nothing they can do about it. In one case yesterday the poor girl got abuse back and forth all day.

She can ONLY do what she's told to do! She's not CEO of 3 and if you think the CEO is reading boards you'd be mistaken.

I honestly feel so sorry for 3 staff at the moment, or whomever they contract out their call centre work to. Bear in mind guys that these people are on minimum wage and they weren't the ones who decided to up your prices. They've a script to follow and that's it.

I've no vested interest by the way other than having a daughter who once worked in one of these call centres and nearly had a nervous breakdown as a result.

Samuel you will see from 3's thread on here they're already getting the guff and they can't do anything either. The line they've been given is you must ring this number to cancel, nothing they can do about it. In one case yesterday the poor girl got abuse back and forth all day.

She can ONLY do what she's told to do! She's not CEO of 3 and if you think the CEO is reading boards you'd be mistaken.

Very few call centres in Ireland would be scripted or have people on minimum wage. In India on the other hand they're modern day sweat shops.

People who work on social media for companies would not be 'Tier 1' agents. They're usually not much better piad but they'll be a small number of well trained agents. The point of carpet bombing a companies social media is it's actually effective. Agreed getting on at Tier 1 agents, completely ineffective.

Case in point:

Very few call centres in Ireland would be scripted or have people on minimum wage. In India on the other hand they're modern day sweat shops.

People who work on social media for companies would not be 'Tier 1' agents. They're usually not much better piad but they'll be a small number of well trained agents. The point of carpet bombing a companies social media is it's actually effective. Agreed getting on at Tier 1 agents, completely ineffective.

Case in point:

Did you miss the part where I said my daughter worked in a call centre Samuel? It was in Ireland and believe me it was scripted and minimum wage.

Did you miss the part where I said my daughter worked in a call centre Samuel? It was in Ireland and believe me it was scripted and minimum wage.

Did you miss the bit where I said 'most'? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Call centres in Ireland are minimum wage and are indeed scripted and by all accounts aren't the easiest places to work.

F34 wrote: »
    Call centres in Ireland are minimum wage and are indeed scripted and by all accounts aren't the easiest places to work.

I've direct experinace of five huges ones (on the island of Ireland). Two in house and three outsourced. They're no where near as bad as people think. I actually was much happer than I was on my feet all day in retail.

The misconceptions people have are based on OUTBOUND telemarketing centres and usually outsourced ones. There has been a complete shift in the way centre operate in the last 10-20 years and inbound were never what people made them out to be...

... in most cases. There are always asshat employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Telecoms firm call centres in Ireland are unlikely to have a solid script and are more likely to be 20/21k salaried rather than minimum wage.

You can't hire staff on minimum wage at all in many parts of the country, particularly if you want people who can speak English.

More generic customer care/booking/billing and certain foreign language it'd still be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chocandgo

I'm not unsympathetic to hard-pressed workers, but I wouldn't allow sympathy get in the way of valid complaints. 3 better get their act together if they want to retain their customer base. Post on their forum also and contact comreg

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Telecoms firm call centres in Ireland are unlikely to have a solid script and are more likely to be 20/21k salaried rather than minimum wage.

You can't hire staff on minimum wage at all in many parts of the country, particularly if you want people who can speak English.

More generic customer care/booking/billing and certain foreign language it'd still be possible.

Some modern ones have directors/senior managers who want to be in Dublin, knock on effect for staff and pay rates. IIRC Sky hire at 24K now and are surrounded by call centres many of whch pay better (but are more specilised - e.g. Amazon).

Advertisement