Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3: Awful customer service!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

chocandgo wrote: »
    I'm not unsympathetic to hard-pressed workers, but I wouldn't allow sympathy get in the way of valid complaints. 3 better get their act together if they want to retain their customer base. Post on their forum also and contact comreg

One can easily be assertive and polite - as I'm sure you are. And no one would begrudge a customer that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

F34 wrote: »
    Call centres in Ireland are minimum wage and are indeed scripted and by all accounts aren't the easiest places to work.

Actually an awful lot of call centre's in Ireland are not min wage,
    Take the likes of Apple or Amazon, far from min wage.

Call centres that handle outsourced contacts for company's such as Three wouldn't pay as good wages when compared to call centres owned by the company themselves (ie: Apple).

Cut off after 15 minutes myself, there will be other coffee breaks. Colleage got through after 20 minutes.

Not all that bad considering the queue of three old ladies and me (4 old ladies!) can take that in the post office.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Took me most of yesterday evening and up until lunch time today to get through. Between the phone not actually ringing, to being told the number isn't in service, to being on hold for 20+ mins and then getting cut off... I held for about 90 minutes today, then got through to someone. In fairness, he was very friendly and helpful, and didn't try to mess me around by trying to convince me to stay. 5 accounts all switched to the 30 day rolling contract, and they'll all be going to other networks after the unlock codes come through for the phones.

Got the absolute run-around on Three's online chat (nothing new there) and the same thing repeated in their forum as far as I can see. I wasn't trying to cancel by chat, just wanted to see would the phones be unlocked if we broke the contract, a simple yes or no answer, and was repeatedly referred to the 1800 number that's next to impossible to get through on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chocandgo

Hi Toots, can I ask you the cost of the 30 day rolling contract? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Is it just one particular plan this is affecting or more? How do I find out if mine is going to increase? Only signed up to a new contract in Jan so won't be happy if they up my bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Is it just one particular plan this is affecting or more? How do I find out if mine is going to increase? Only signed up to a new contract in Jan so won't be happy if they up my bill.

You should have gotten a text or letter by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whiplashy wrote: »

Most plans except some legacy O2 ones, should receive a letter.

pilly wrote: »
    You should have gotten a text or letter by now?

Haven't heard anything so I presume I'm okay :)

L1011 wrote: »
    Most plans except some legacy O2 ones, should receive a letter.

That's got me worried again! Presume they would have to notify me if my plan is effected?

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote:
    That's got me worried again! Presume they would have to notify me if my plan is effected?

Check the website.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Toots, can I ask you the cost of the 30 day rolling contract? Thanks

It's €30 per month as far as I could see.

Got through, not bad for 3 - 5 days into a major upset for a business. I was NOT a happy camper with the Talk to forum as you can read for yourself. But the call centre guy was fantastic - Thanks Daniel if you keep up with your company on Boards.ie :)

All in all understandable delays poorly manged by a senior management team who if were placed the other end of the quays couldn't organise a piss up in the brewery they'd find themselves in.

I'll try again tomorrow and see what they offer me. Cheers, All

I'll try again tomorrow and see what they offer me. Cheers, All

They're not offering a lot from what I can gather you have to rejoin basically (which I don't think they can do). Rolling 30 day or 10% off.

I wanted a new phone so cancelled, signed up again and I'll port my old number onto the new contract once it's cancelled. Had they just said €40 or what ever for an upgrade I'd have done it. Really rather poorly handled but that's not the agents fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

I called into my local Three shop today to express my annoyance at their mid-contract price-hike.
    It was explained to me that the increase was unavoidable, due to the losses they'd be incurring on roaming.
    I asked how Three would react if I reduced my payments mid-contract due to losses arising from a car breakdown?
    Then (savouring the moment), I told them I'd switched to Virgin Mobile over the weekend, better deal, better plan, better price.
    Ha! Anyone else remember Citizen Smith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I binned them years ago, the Indian call centre were an unmitigated nightmare to deal with the worst customer service I've ever encountered, why does this not surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭AngryLips

The OP is a Three customer all this time and they're only finding out about their customer care now?

[I wanted a new phone so cancelled, signed up again and I'll port my old number onto the new contract once it's cancelled. Had they just said €40 or what ever for an upgrade I'd have done it. Really rather poorly handled but that's not the agents fault]

Was there much time left on your contract? I think I've a year to go. Maybe this is no longer relevant.

[I wanted a new phone so cancelled, signed up again and I'll port my old number onto the new contract once it's cancelled. Had they just said €40 or what ever for an upgrade I'd have done it. Really rather poorly handled but that's not the agents fault]

Was there much time left on your contract? I think I've a year to go. Maybe this is no longer relevant.

I was due an upgrade in September and contract ended in December. I had another one that was probably out of contract anyway now I think about it.

If you cancel and sign back up you can have your number ported once the 30 days runs out on the notice, or so I'm told.

• Advertisement

30 minutes waiting time today. I've attached this Irish Times article on the subject of roaming and fee increases which might be of interest.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/irish-mobile-firms-warned-not-to-impose-roaming-fees-by-stealth-1.2994054%3Fmode%3Damp

30 minutes waiting time today. I've attached this Irish Times article on the subject of roaming and fee increases which might be of interest.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/irish-mobile-firms-warned-not-to-impose-roaming-fees-by-stealth-1.2994054%3Fmode%3Damp

Anyone know the best way to lodge a formal complaint to the relevant EU department?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tony glenn wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way to lodge a formal complaint to the relevant EU department?

COMREG is the first port of call. They're responsible for implementing the regulations passed down from Brussels.

Lo and behold. I got through to 3 immediately today and took the sim only deal for €30 per month. Obviously the rush has died down or maybe they have -even- improved their customer service. Not sure if I took the best route but O was dying to get out of the other contract! Cheers ��

Lo and behold. I got through to 3 immediately today and took the sim only deal for €30 per month. Obviously the rush has died down or maybe they have -even- improved their customer service. Not sure if I took the best route but O was dying to get out of the other contract! Cheers ��

I switched to Virgin SIM only.... UNLIMITED talk, text and data....25 euro! No roaming, but hey.... I only go abroad once a year.. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I switched to Virgin SIM only.... UNLIMITED talk, text and data....25 euro! No roaming, but hey.... I only go abroad once a year.. ...

And no texts from your bank, google, paypal, steam, bin company. Dealbreaker for most.

tony glenn wrote:

Is that not the 3 network anyway?

€25? I was robbed! Tee hee. In my excitement at getting through immediately, I forgot to ask them about unlocking the phone

You can request the unlock via the website AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They are now allowing cancellations via the live chat - as a result, its now dog slow too but at least it doesn't require listening to their woeful hold music.

Advertisement