Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele or Neff Single Oven?

Options
  • 06-03-2017 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im currently looking for a single eye level oven and am willing to pay upto €1100 to get a really good one...so far i have been looking at the Neff b51cr22n0b and the Miele H2561BP ovens...both are around €800..and im finding it hard to work out which is better..the main selling point of the neff is the slide and hide door...the selling point of the miele is the brand name....
    Has anyone got any good advise to give me on these two or any other ovens that may cost abit more but offer alot more in regard to fuctions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Morini

Regarding the hide and slide door: I have a Neff oven (Can't tell you what model at the moment, as I'm not near it) and was surprised and disappointed to find that the oven won't run with the door open - so no open door grilling.

This means that hide and slide is only useful for the short time that you're transferring food into/out of the oven. Hardly worth it?

Can't speak for similar functionality on the Miele or any other oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Morini wrote: »
    Regarding the hide and slide door: I have a Neff oven (Can't tell you what model at the moment, as I'm not near it) and was surprised and disappointed to find that the oven won't run with the door open - so no open door grilling.

This means that hide and slide is only useful for the short time that you're transferring food into/out of the oven. Hardly worth it?

:confused: I have a Neff single oven (bought in 2011) with the hide and slide door and everything works with the door open - I grill a few times a week and the door is always open. If I have the fan oven switched on, the fan doesn't stop when I open the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Can't speak for similar functionality on the Miele or any other oven.

Are you sure you can't start the grill with the door closed
    Open door once hot
    Then use grill with door open ?

I've a Bosch and I though the same scenario would happen but once it's on grilll and NOT top oven heat only it works as open door grill

Thanks

Oh and if if it doesn't have that function complain to manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Morini

The oven is model # B57VR22NOB.

The instructions say "Keep the appliance door closed when using the grill. Never grill with the appliance door open."

This might suggest that its possible to break the rules, but I haven't been able to disable it, nor fool it (by letting it heat up first, then opening the door, like 'worded's suggestion.)

Opening the door cuts off the heating no matter what mode is in use, but leaves the fan running. And the grill pan provided has no handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The oven is model # B57VR22NOB.

The instructions say "Keep the appliance door closed when using the grill. Never grill with the appliance door open."

This might suggest that its possible to break the rules, but I haven't been able to disable it, nor fool it (by letting it heat up first, then opening the door, like 'worded's suggestion.)

That's a current model, maybe check the user manual to see if you can disable that feature....

http://www.neff.ie/product-showroom/ovens/single-ovens/B57VR22N0B.html

I took a quick look at the manual and spotted this ....

Opening the appliance door

If you open the appliance door during an operation, the operation is paused. The operation continues to run when you close the door.

Note: For some types of heating, the operation continues to run even when the appliance door is open.

So it might be possible to override this for the grill but I can't see any menu or setup options to control this.
    Opening the door cuts off the heating no matter what mode is in use, but leaves the fan running. And the grill pan provided has no handle.

Yes the fan keeps running for a few minutes, even if you switch the oven off and/or open the door. And my 2011 model came with no grill pan handle either.

• Advertisement

It's nuts to think a 300 euro single oven grilll does what you want
    And for another 1000 euro it won't let you grill some grated cheese on an omelette in a frying pan for examples

It's just inexcusable reallly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

so is there any particular model of neff or miele that anyone can suggest does work well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

hi folks, ive being looking since and im now considering the b58vt68n0b or Bosch HRG6769s6B ovens....they seem to be the same except bosch has homeconnect function and neff has slide and hide...anyone have either to advise me?

LillySV wrote: »
    hi folks, ive being looking since and im now considering the b58vt68n0b or Bosch HRG6769s6B ovens....they seem to be the same except bosch has homeconnect function and neff has slide and hide...anyone have either to advise me?

Ive a bosch and its a knee level. Have to bend to see whats what on the digital display. Works fine

Better to have a simple dial if its not eye level IMHO

Advertisement