Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees - dropped out due to medical reasons

Options
  • 06-03-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi a nephew of mine was in 1st year in college, he completed the 1st semester but dropped out before start of second semester due to on-going mental health issues. He was told when he dropped out that because if was for medical reasons he would still be entitled to free fees when he returns. He hopes to return to college in september but in a different campus closer to home. Is this true because I see this is the rule but don't see anywhere to give doctors certificate to, will they ask him for this when registering in college again in september, thanks,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

rob lennon wrote: »
    Hi a nephew of mine was in 1st year in college, he completed the 1st semester but dropped out before start of second semester due to on-going mental health issues. He was told when he dropped out that because if was for medical reasons he would still be entitled to free fees when he returns. He hopes to return to college in september but in a different campus closer to home. Is this true because I see this is the rule but don't see anywhere to give doctors certificate to, will they ask him for this when registering in college again in september, thanks,
    Rob
    If they are applying for the grant on exemption of medical reasons, they must put a note in their application in the change of circumstances section.
    SUSI will request evidence of the health reasons, this may be from the college and doctors/hospitals records, but this may only exempt them from the student contribution.
    AFAIK, the college has to waive the fees before approval on medical ground is given by SUSI.

Advertisement