Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Written Examination Correction?

• 06-03-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from SEC about correcting the LC/JC? Its my first year applying to do them so I've no idea when or if they get back to you about them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from SEC about correcting the LC/JC? Its my first year applying to do them so I've no idea when or if they get back to you about them.

It's a bit soon for new examiners - the SEC send out confirmation letters to examiners in December so they are probably getting through them now and where vacancies arise - they will contact examiners. This can be anything up to the date of the conference. When I was first appointed, I got a phone call from the SEC in the middle of the exams to see if I wanted to do it and if I did, they would post out the relevant information to me. It also depends on your subjects as examiners of JC English had to re-apply this year because they won't all be needed now with the new JC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'd say if you're qualified in the subject area, and have 2 arms, 2 legs and a head, you have a greater than 99% chance of being offered a position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

If you applied you are pretty much guaranteed to get it. They are utterly crying out for examiners the last two years due to the slave pay. I know that sounds harsh, but given the hours put in for the pay taken home, it is cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Much obliged. I know it's not great money but I'm saving for a wedding and every little helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Much obliged. I know it's not great money but I'm saving for a wedding and every little helps.

It's worth doing, but not for the money.
    The main thing is to meet your deadlines, especially the 'Sample 20' and the 'First 100'. After that, you get the marking scheme into your head and make much quicker progress.

Until they change the marking scheme....

• Advertisement
Advertisement