Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber availability

Options
  • 06-03-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Eir

Cable contractors tell me fibre was now cabled on road for property we just bought and will soon move into 

How can  find out when available as I don't want to buy into an 18 month contract with another provider unless necessary and knowing when I can get fibre will help me decide if necessary

I can see on fiberrollout that it is 'planned'

Thanks

Declan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

p15353 wrote: »
    Hi Eir

Cable contractors tell me fibre was now cabled on road for property we just bought and will soon move into 

How can  find out when available as I don't want to buy into an 18 month contract with another provider unless necessary and knowing when I can get fibre will help me decide if necessary

Thanks

Declan
    Hi  p15353,

Thanks for getting in touch. Have you tried checking your address here?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 21 p15353

Hi Eir

Thanks

Declan
    Hi  p15353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela
    It says '[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Speeds of up to 10Mb are available at your home'[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Which I understand to mean that fibre not yet available. Can you find out for me when it will likely be available?  Line is disconnected at house but I have old number and also active neighbours number?[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Declan[/font]

Hi Eir

Thanks

Declan
    Hi  p15353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela
    It says '[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Speeds of up to 10Mb are available at your home'[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Which I understand to mean that fibre not yet available. Can you find out for me when it will likely be available?  Line is disconnected at house but I have old number and also active neighbours number?[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Declan[/font]
    No worries  p15353, I'll check and see if I can get any further information for you. Can you plug a phone into the socket in the house and dial 199000 and PM the number the automated voice calls back along with your name and address.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 21 p15353

Thanks Pamela. PM sent

Thanks Pamela. PM sent
    Thanks  p15353,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement