Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for electrics

Options
  • 06-03-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
            I've bought a four bedroom detached shell of a property that needs wiring. I was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark in what I should be paying. The house is in Donegal. I have one quote back for €7200 this includes chasing and VAT. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

Newhouseo3 wrote: »
    Hi,
            I've bought a four bedroom detached shell of a property that needs wiring. I was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark in what I should be paying. The house is in Donegal. I have one quote back for €7200 this includes chasing and VAT. Any help appreciated.

Can't help you in terms of labour price as our first fix was done on a "mate rate" but our materials cost for first fix in a two storey 2650sq ft house was around €2000: lighting, sockets and alarms on each window.

I have heard electricians charging between €40 - €115 per point for first fix. Lots of variances out there, choose reputation over apparent "savings".

Advertisement