Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potted plant need to be moved into a bigger pot?

Options
  • 06-03-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All,

I have a peace lilly on my office desk. The question is I re-potted the plant last summer but I did a bad job in that it was one sided in the pot. Now a few parts of the plant have died and I am left with one 'crown' to one side there is loads of room on the surface of the pot.

My question is should I move it to a bigger pot? the roots are showing in the end but I would think only half the actual pot soil is in use.
    Would it be better to just turn the soil and re-position the plant?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I think the least disruption to it would be best- so top up/level the soil and then face the good part of the plant away from the light (or at an angle) to encourage it to fill out. A picture would help though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You really should not have to do that much re-potting. Leave it be, cut out the dead bits, give it a feed and let it get on with it.

Advertisement