Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four slot windscreen disc holder

• 06-03-2017 5:37pm

Does anybody know where I could pick up a tax/NCT/insurance disc holder that has four slots? Don't particularly want a 3 + 1 or individual holders...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Never seen a 4 pocket disc holder. A quick google & search on ebay hasn't shown one up either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2x2 of the same type and colour is your best option, never seen a 4 holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I think 2+2 is your best bet... either vertically up along the A pillar or 2 stacked on top of the other two, neither of which looks great imo

Parking permit i presume??

If so i would go with 3 in the bottom left and 1 in the top right. Much neater and less cluttered (imo) :)

Yeah parking permit, I have OCD with things like this... Couldn't find one anywhere so guess they don't exist :)

Thanks the 2x2 idea sounds like a plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

I need 4 in my van. ( tax, insurance , doe , parking permit ) .
    I've dispensed with holders altogether and just put a coupe, of strips of clear double sided tape on each , and put them in a row in bottom left hand corner .

Takes up less room than holders and far neater .
    The holders all seem to sag and distort anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Generally displaying anything on the windscreen is outdated and dangerous (because of obstructed visibility).
    Laws that require it, must not know we're well into 21 century now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

CiniO wrote: »
    Generally displaying anything on the windscreen is outdated and dangerous (because of obstructed visibility).
    Laws that require it, must not know we're well into 21 century now.

Totally agree. Not a single day goes by that I don't hit something due to a tiny % of my windscreen being obscured, as far to the left as possible and as low as it will go.

To try to get a bit of balance in my life, I've been obscuring the driver's side of the windscreen for numerous years with Nav or phone. Reduced visibility means I hit an equal amount on each side of the car because it's really difficult to see and I wish there was nothing at all on the windscreen (except the 2 sun visors which are permanently down)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I got an A4 static cling transparent sheet from eBay and cut it to size for each disc, like this: www.ebay.ie/itm/A4-Static-Cling-Glass-Clear-Laser-Printable-Window-Decals-Labels-Stickers-Film-/131027989422

There are some others on eBay already cut to a smaller size for parking permits from China/HK, but I found them too small for insurance and NCT discs (OK for tax).

No ugly huge disc holders, and no adhesives. They're great for adhesive parking permits as it means you can stick them to the static cling sticker and not the windscreen. I've never had trouble with them falling off.

Advertisement