Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would you pay

• 06-03-2017 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Workmate (hopefully not on boards) is selling a 2006 523i sport, leather, 70k miles. Great condition but I will have it checked out. He will be putting up for sale in a week or 2 when his mpv lands! He just had a kid and its the wife's insistence.

My e39 has been great servant but I just think it's time to move on. Not into spending big money on cars as my posts in any thread about depreciation show! But I don't mind the tax and mpg on this, it's fine. W

How much would YOU actually pay for this car, assuming it all checks out mechanically. I have looked at done deal but I know the market for a 2.5 petrol is practically nil but it's what I like. I know he will have tough time selling this.

My 04 e39 525i was 2,450 back in 2013 as a 9 year old but I know market is better now, this is an 11 year old now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's in good condition needing nothing noticeable now for the next NCT, has 4 good branded tyres on it I would be thinking €4k. The "high" tax means a limited market, looking on Donedeal they range from €2950 to the very optimistic €6250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

As you say bmwguy not a big market for these but it sounds like a nice car- especially if its auto, maybe 4 k ?

My Neighbour has an 06 523i manual se 100k for sale at present-2.5k if that is of any intrest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

blingrhino wrote: »
    As you say bmwguy not a big market for these but it sounds like a nice car- especially if its auto, maybe 4 k ?

My Neighbour has an 06 523i manual se 100k for sale at present-2.5k if that is of any intrest to you.

No sport only I'm afraid! Yes it's auto and its a nice car. I was thinking I'd be happy to pay 3.5k for it so we are not a million miles away.

If it's in good condition needing nothing noticeable now for the next NCT, has 4 good branded tyres on it I would be thinking €4k. The "high" tax means a limited market, looking on Donedeal they range from €2950 to the very optimistic €6250.

I was thinking 3.5k. NCT is October I think so he can't put it through yet. I have a mechanic that can do a rough calculation on short term costs I may incur, anything due within 6 months I may bargain with. Anything after that is my cost to bear.

At 70k miles I would be happy to keep this for 3 or 4 years like I did with both my e39s before moving to a PHEV or whatever we will be driving then but know full well I will probably never sell the e60 for money in the future, hence not wanting to pay too much.

3.5k purchase plus 3k tax for 3 years sounds ok to me to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I'd be thinking €4k minus whatever you need to spend on it (not including motor tax)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

bmwguy wrote: »
    Workmate (hopefully not on boards) is selling a 2006 523i sport, leather, 70k miles. Great condition but I will have it checked out. He will be putting up for sale in a week or 2 when his mpv lands! He just had a kid and its the wife's insistence.

My e39 has been great servant but I just think it's time to move on. Not into spending big money on cars as my posts in any thread about depreciation show! But I don't mind the tax and mpg on this, it's fine. W

How much would YOU actually pay for this car, assuming it all checks out mechanically. I have looked at done deal but I know the market for a 2.5 petrol is practically nil but it's what I like. I know he will have tough time selling this.

My 04 e39 525i was 2,450 back in 2013 as a 9 year old but I know market is better now, this is an 11 year old now.

I never liked the look of the E60. At all. The E39 is a much better looking car. Coming from E39 I believe the E60 is going to be a big disappointment driving wise, too. Big soft comfort barge. If I was you I'd go F10 or stick with the E39.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Advertisement