Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir/OpenEir mistake, resolving takes longer than initial order, cancelling if unres..

Options
  • 06-03-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi, I ordered a tv/broadband/line bundle on the 27th of Feb and was told it would take 1 week but all would be installed together (and this was confirmed by support when I got the install confirmation). Today a technician called out and installed the line only. There is no current order for broadband or tv.
    After 2 hours today of speaking to various Eir teams & Eir Support. I was told that for some reason, between Eir & Open Eir my broadband install was cancelled due to it being fibre extreme (which i'm still told I can get).

I was told that the fastest way to resolve this and get any broadband is to wait for the line to go fully active, then call up tomorrow evening and cancel the broadband & tv order. Once cancelled I should call back on thursday or friday and reorder broadband and tv. It would then take a further 7 days from then to get broadband, so looking at nearly 2 weeks from today.

So a mistake was made on Eir's end and due to this, I am told that the fastest I can get it resolved is a further 2 weeks when initially it was to take 7 days. 

I work from home regularly and my partner works from home. I have just moved here, I got the keys over a week ago and have not been able to stay here due to no broadband. We moved fully on Sunday as we felt we'd have broadband today, we now need to move out again until it is installed.

I understand that mistakes happen but what frustrates me is that it will take nearly 2 weeks to resolve them. Nothing is been done to speed up this process. I was hesitant signing up with Eir due to their reputation and it seems I was right to be worried.

Can nothing really be done to resolve this? I have the router and I have the line, there is nobody in Eir that can do anything to resolve this mistake quickly?

I will be cancelling my bundle if I don't get a reasonable timeline to resolve this tomorrow. With another provider I will also have to wait & live somewhere else but being told that a mistake has been made and it will take longer to resolve than the initial order and nothing is being done is very worrying and incredibly frustrating when I will have a contract with this company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

colly10 wrote: »
    Hi, I ordered a tv/broadband/line bundle on the 27th of Feb and was told it would take 1 week but all would be installed together (and this was confirmed by support when I got the install confirmation). Today a technician called out and installed the line only. There is no current order for broadband or tv.
    After 2 hours today of speaking to various Eir teams & Eir Support. I was told that for some reason, between Eir & Open Eir my broadband install was cancelled due to it being fibre extreme (which i'm still told I can get).

I was told that the fastest way to resolve this and get any broadband is to wait for the line to go fully active, then call up tomorrow evening and cancel the broadband & tv order. Once cancelled I should call back on thursday or friday and reorder broadband and tv. It would then take a further 7 days from then to get broadband, so looking at nearly 2 weeks from today.

So a mistake was made on Eir's end and due to this, I am told that the fastest I can get it resolved is a further 2 weeks when initially it was to take 7 days. 

I work from home regularly and my partner works from home. I have just moved here, I got the keys over a week ago and have not been able to stay here due to no broadband. We moved fully on Sunday as we felt we'd have broadband today, we now need to move out again until it is installed.

I understand that mistakes happen but what frustrates me is that it will take nearly 2 weeks to resolve them. Nothing is been done to speed up this process. I was hesitant signing up with Eir due to their reputation and it seems I was right to be worried.

Can nothing really be done to resolve this? I have the router and I have the line, there is nobody in Eir that can do anything to resolve this mistake quickly?

I will be cancelling my bundle if I don't get a reasonable timeline to resolve this tomorrow. With another provider I will also have to wait & live somewhere else but being told that a mistake has been made and it will take longer to resolve than the initial order and nothing is being done is very worrying and incredibly frustrating when I will have a contract with this company
    Hi  colly10,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the delays and issues you experienced to date. Can you PM me your name and account number and I will check if there is any escalated appointments available.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Thanks, i've ended up cancelling and reordering. Just picked up mobile broadband to sort us in the meantime. Hopefully it all goes better with the next attempt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

colly10 wrote: »
    Thanks, i've ended up cancelling and reordering. Just picked up mobile broadband to sort us in the meantime. Hopefully it all goes better with the next attempt :)
    Fingers crossed  colly10 :D If you need any further assistance please do let me know!

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

After messing up my order on the 27th of Feb, I went with the advice and cancelled my account on the 7th of March and reordered the package.

On the 15th, a technician came out, attached 2 boxes to the wall and ran a cable from the inside of the house, 20ft outside across the front of the house and back in the other side. We were then told the line is not active. 
    I called that night to get a date on making it active, I was told I now have 2 accounts and the cancellation of the first on the 7th didn't go through, they put it through and said someone would be out to make it the line active on the 16th.

The line was not activated on the 16th. I called that night (about 19.30) and was told to call back on Monday (20th) to get a date. 
    Today, I was told that the scheduled date for completion is the 16th of May.

So, Eir came out and attached equipment to the wall and ran cable from one end of the outside of house to the other, only to tell us afterwards that the line is not expected to be active for 2 months.

I obviously would not have agreed for work to be done on the house if I knew Eir couldn't provide any service. Customer service said they couldn't have been aware that the service was not available before doing the work and blame Open Air.

I can't understand how any company would think it's acceptable to do work on your house when they cannot provide the service. It's even more irritating that the company pleed ignorance saying the just schedule the install but don't know before the work is done if they can provide anything. 
    On asking can they get a technician to undo the work as it was done only on the basis a service could be be provided, I was told it's impossible to get a technician to uninstall, they can only request installs.

I've cancelled now as i'm fed up with dealing with Eir. Between the initial mistakes and this, i've easily spent 5 hours on phone being passed around your departments. I doubt it will be the last of it either as id actually be surpised if I don't have money taken out by DD for one of the accounts.

I'd advise people to be avoid, Eir are known for bad service and I was wary on sign up, but my experience in dealing with them if far worse than anything I could have imagined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi colly10,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced since you originally placed the order with us.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to arrange any of the work previously carried out to be undone from here. 

However, if you send an email to our plant alterations team they may be able to arrange this for you.

Their email address is plantalterations@eir.ie.

Apologies again,
    Anna.

• Advertisement
Advertisement