Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE incremental credit upon promotion

Options
  • 06-03-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I received grade 1V clerical officer promotion recently, I went on to GIV scale plus one increment as I was on top of GIII scale for more than 3 years. Over the years I was acting IV for 4 years. My question is do I get an extra increment for acting IV over the years? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

How would anyone outside HSE payroll, your manager or possibly HR even begin to answer such a specific in house compensation term and condition for you?? :confused:

Surely you have a group email address for payroll inquiries that can explain and break down the basis of why you are being compensated the way you are? If you have issue with incorrect or unfair compensation based on what seems to be a very specific work circumstance and you are not happy with the payroll explanation, that's surely a matter for you to raise with your manager or HR or union?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 egg head

ongarboy wrote: »
    How would anyone outside HSE payroll, your manager or possibly HR even begin to answer such a specific in house compensation term and condition for you?? :confused:

Surely you have a group email address for payroll inquiries that can explain and break down the basis of why you are being compensated the way you are? If you have issue with incorrect or unfair compensation based on what seems to be a very specific work circumstance and you are not happy with the payroll explanation, that's surely a matter for you to raise with your manager or HR or union?
    Hi, this would pertain to anyone working in the public / civil service, dept of finance , I received mixed responses from payroll, HR + other sources. Thank you for your helpful response.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

egg head wrote: »
    Hi, this would pertain to anyone working in the public / civil service, dept of finance , I received mixed responses from payroll, HR + other sources. Thank you for your helpful response.

Hi.
    There are no increments for acting in the public sector.

Hopefully this more helpful than previous reply!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

nok2008 wrote: »
    Hi.

He should have gotten the the pay for the Grade after 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 egg head

nok2008 wrote: »
    Hi.

Many thanks, that's what I thought. But see last paragraph of attached circular. This is when I began to wonder!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Many thanks, that's what I thought. But see last paragraph of attached circular. This is when I began to wonder!!

People acting in my dept got the pay after 3 months which served as probation. They got the back pay for those 3,months .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hi, I received grade 1V clerical officer promotion recently, I went on to GIV scale plus one increment as I was on top of GIII scale for more than 3 years. Over the years I was acting IV for 4 years. My question is do I get an extra increment for acting IV over the years? Thank you.

Are you speaking english?

1V GIV GIII IV what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The HSE grades are different to the public service sector.

If it helps, I am a grade 3. I was an acting Grade 4, which ended just before my increment date. They (incorrectly) gave me the increment at Grade 4 instead of 3. I don't think acting makes a difference to increments. You need to clear this with payroll and HR again.

Advertisement