Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare cost with GP card

Options
  • 06-03-2017 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Just wondered does anyone know or have a similiar situation ---->
    My daughter has started creche in September 2015 when she was a year and 9 months.
    Just 2 days a week.
    Now she is full time with ECCE programme, as she is 3y.o. so we pay around 90e/week full time. Before that we were paying 50 euro or more for part time.
    I just noticed today :(:(:( that we were probably qualified for cheaper fees as we both on low income and we have GP VISIT CARD. Is this true?
    I knew about that people with MEDICAL CARDS are getting fees reduction but I didnt know about our card. No one told us. Im not blaming anyone, just want to know were we overpaying for all those years?? Does it apply to all the creches? or just some like community ones or something?
    Thank You!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

It would only apply to community creches and not private crèches and I'm not sure if it would even apply as it's just a gp visit card

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mum1986

''Band B – Parents get a fee reduction of €50 for a full-time service, €25 for a part-time service, €17 for a sessional service and €8.50 for a shorter hours service.

This band applies to parents who:
    - Have a medical or GP visit card
    - Don't have a medical card, but are getting one of the payments listed in Band A or AJ
    - No longer qualify for Band A or AJ this year, but who were verified as being on Band A or AJ at the end of the previous school year''

Thats what I read on citizeninformation.ie. my eyes went as big as 2e coin. I know loads people who have medical card and pay very little for their creche :/ I hope its not for all the creches ! otherwise we've been paying hundreds for years with no need :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nearly any social welfare entitlement counts.
    Not sure if the rules have changed for subvention but it used to only be for Community Creches.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/pre_school_education_and_childcare/community_childcare_subvention_programme.html

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

You won't be able to apply for it now anyway, the deadline to apply is sometime in September

Advertisement