Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues adding payee and accessing service desk

• 06-03-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been trying to add a payee for the last 2 days and it keeps giving me an error telling me that a payee cannot be added at this time. I'm completing all of the fields on the 'Add Payee' page.
    Because of this, I opened a service desk on 365online today to try to resolve the issue. When I've logged in later this evening, and clicked on the Service Desk, if I try to click on Inbox or Sent Items, it logs me out. 'The system has logged you out, if you wish to continue please click 'Login'.'

This is not a timeout issue (unless your system timeout is less than the time it takes the page to load (30 seconds?)).

Also, all of these actions have been through Chrome on www.365online.com

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi,
    I've been trying to add a payee for the last 2 days and it keeps giving me an error telling me that a payee cannot be added at this time. I'm completing all of the fields on the 'Add Payee' page.
    Because of this, I opened a service desk on 365online today to try to resolve the issue. When I've logged in later this evening, and clicked on the Service Desk, if I try to click on Inbox or Sent Items, it logs me out. 'The system has logged you out, if you wish to continue please click 'Login'.'

This is not a timeout issue (unless your system timeout is less than the time it takes the page to load (30 seconds?)).

Thanks.
    I haven't been able to add a payee since last week.

I notified the service desk who seemed unaware of the problem and they haven't got back to me still after several days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi aidanathome

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties adding your payee online.

It would be best to call 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000 and a colleague can take the details of the payee and look into this further for you. Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

In relation to the Service Desk ,we are aware if the inbox/sent items is double clicked this can log you out online. If this is not the case, a colleague will be happy to also look into this for you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    I haven't been able to add a payee since last week.

I notified the service desk who seemed unaware of the problem and they haven't got back to me still after several days
    Hi j4vier

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear you're having difficulties adding your payee online.

If you are receiving the same error message as original poster, please call our colleagues to look into this further for you on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000. Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

Or was it advising part of the details you were inputting were incorrect?

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Hi aidanathome

It would be best to call 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000 and a colleague can take the details of the payee and look into this further for you. Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

In relation to the Service Desk ,we are aware if the inbox/sent items is double clicked this can log you out online. If this is not the case, a colleague will be happy to also look into this for you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,
    I rang the number above, and they were unable to add the payee. Some system is down that would allow them to add it for me. They've told me that they will call me back when it's resolved, but haven't given a date when that will be.

Obviously, that's pretty poor and below the standard that I would expect from BOI. Do you know if it would be possible to add a payee to my 365online account if I go to a branch? I'm assuming not if they are unable to do it over the phone?

Thanks for your help.

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,
    I rang the number above, and they were unable to add the payee. Some system is down that would allow them to add it for me. They've told me that they will call me back when it's resolved, but haven't given a date when that will be.

Obviously, that's pretty poor and below the standard that I would expect from BOI. Do you know if it would be possible to add a payee to my 365online account if I go to a branch? I'm assuming not if they are unable to do it over the phone?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

Thanks for coming back to us here. 

We're very sorry to hear they were unable to add it by phone for you. Unfortunately the Branch would be unable to add this also. Is it to another BOI account? You may prefer to give this privately. We can certainly send you a PM and you can respond back to us? 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

We're very sorry to hear they were unable to add it by phone for you. Unfortunately the Branch would be unable to add this also. Is it to another BOI account? You may prefer to give this privately. We can certainly send you a PM and you can respond back to us? 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    It's a UK account. Searching through other posts on boards.ie, it seems that this issue has existed since January with no sign of it being resolved. 
    Can you share any information on this issue? It's obviously not being treated as a priority by BOI to allow users to add some SEPA accounts as payees.

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    It's a UK account. Searching through other posts on boards.ie, it seems that this issue has existed since January with no sign of it being resolved. 
    Can you share any information on this issue? It's obviously not being treated as a priority by BOI to allow users to add some SEPA accounts as payees.
    Hi aidanathome,

Is this a transfer between your own accounts from UK to ROI or you trying to add a SEPA Payee from UK to perhaps a new beneficiary/ third party? 

Many Thanks

Alison

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Hi aidanathome,

Is this a transfer between your own accounts from UK to ROI or you trying to add a SEPA Payee from UK to perhaps a new beneficiary/ third party? 

Many Thanks

Alison
    Hi Alison,
    I am trying to add a new SEPA payee, where the account is in the UK.

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Hi aidanathome,

Many Thanks

Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Hi aidanathome,

Without more information and access to your account it's difficult to determine the exact cause of the payee error message you are receiving. There may be a number of different reasons why the message is showing.

If you would like us to look into it further please do send us a PM with your full name, contact number and Branch your account is held with.

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message.

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and then Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show Signatures. You should then be able to send us a Private Message. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your help.
    Hi aidanathome

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Hi aidanathome,

Many Thanks

Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Hi aidanathome,

Without more information and access to your account it's difficult to determine the exact cause of the payee error message you are receiving. There may be a number of different reasons why the message is showing.

If you would like us to look into it further please do send us a PM with your full name, contact number and Branch your account is held with.

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message.

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and then Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show Signatures. You should then be able to send us a Private Message. 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    I've had a Service Desk open on 365online since the middle of last week that is currently being ignored. I'll give it a few more days there to see if I get a reply before I PM you with any details.

Thanks,
    Aidan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Aidan,

I've checked with the team and they've assured us that all queries from last week have been responded to. Can you please check your inbox for a reply and if there isn't one there can you check your sent items to ensure the query has been sent?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Aidan,

I've checked with the team and they've assured us that all queries from last week have been responded to. Can you please check your inbox for a reply and if there isn't one there can you check your sent items to ensure the query has been sent?

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,
    It's in my Sent Items with this time and date: "Date: Tue 07/03/2017      21:41". I've received no reply.

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have just opened a BoI business start up account and people trying to make payments to me (Ireland to Ireland) are experiencing the same problem. I have not received any payments from anyone with a BoI account since the 8th March.

One person contacted BoI and was advised that they are having a problem at the moment when a number of people are trying to add the same business account as a payee. Apparently this can usually be overridden manually, but there are problems with the database currently. This person was told it was being looked into but as a result wouldn't be able to use online banking to make the payment to me.

When they originally tried to make the payment it said 'payee not available at this time' and then later 'Due to technical difficulties this payee cannot be added at this time. Our support team are working to resolve the issue'.

This is completely unacceptable. Could you please advise when the issue will be resolved and what remediation will be done to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Hi Aidan,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,
    It's in my Sent Items with this time and date: "Date: Tue 07/03/2017      21:41". I've received no reply.

Aidan
    Hi Aidan,

We'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with the reference number on the message? We can then arrange for an adviser to investigate.

Thanks
    Tara

mel.b wrote: »
    I have just opened a BoI business start up account and people trying to make payments to me (Ireland to Ireland) are experiencing the same problem.  I have not received any payments from anyone with a BoI account since the 8th March.

One person contacted BoI and was advised that they are having a problem at the moment when a number of people are trying to add the same business account as a payee. Apparently this can usually be overridden manually, but there are problems with the database currently. This person was told it was being looked into but as a result wouldn't be able to use online banking to make the payment to me.

When they originally tried to make the payment it said 'payee not available at this time' and then later 'Due to technical difficulties this payee cannot be added at this time. Our support team are working to resolve the issue'.

This is completely unacceptable. Could you please advise when the issue will be resolved and what remediation will be done to ensure it doesn't happen again.
    Hi mel.b,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We've escalated this to our senior management who have assured us that this issue is being looked into as a matter or urgency. They will let us know as soon as they have an exact resolution time frame so we can provide you with an update here. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. 

Thanks
    Tara 

Hi Aidan,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Aidan
    Hi Aidan,

We'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with the reference number on the message? We can then arrange for an adviser to investigate.

Thanks
    Tara
    PM sent. However, the underlying issue is not unique to me as others in this thread (and BOI via phone) have highlighted.

Hi Aidan,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Aidan
    Hi Aidan,

Thanks
    Tara
    PM sent. However, the underlying issue is not unique to me as others in this thread (and BOI via phone) have highlighted.
    Hi aidanathome,

Thanks, we've received your pm and our colleagues in BOI Direct have replied to your Ask a Question message again.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have just opened a BoI business start up account and people trying to make payments to me (Ireland to Ireland) are experiencing the same problem.  I have not received any payments from anyone with a BoI account since the 8th March.

Hi mel.b,

We've escalated this to our senior management who have assured us that this issue is being looked into as a matter or urgency. They will let us know as soon as they have an exact resolution time frame so we can provide you with an update here. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. 

Thanks
    Tara 
    Hi Tara,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
    Mel.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I have just opened a BoI business start up account and people trying to make payments to me (Ireland to Ireland) are experiencing the same problem. I have not received any payments from anyone with a BoI account since the 8th March.

Hi mel.b,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
    Mel.b

Hi mel.b, thanks for getting in touch, sorry but we've no further update at this time but please be assured that this has been escalated as a priority.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience that’s been caused by this, thanks.

Nicola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

I have had the same issue described above - getting the Error Message "This payee cannot be added at this time." This is not the first time I have experienced this having first noticed this last year and was told that I should not see the issue again.

Was informed over the phone that this was due to 10 or more customers adding the same IBAN as a payee - is this really the root cause as it is quite frustrating being unable to complete the transfer online - I have been advised to call in branch to complete or wait a few days until the "block" is cleared on the account. 

As frustrating as it is for me with the hurdles trying to make a payment - I have to feel more sorry for the businesses that are having there payments delayed on the back of this issue as both times I have had this issue it has been to a business account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Har0ld x9 wrote: »
    I have had the same issue described above - getting the Error Message "This payee cannot be added at this time." This is not the first time I have experienced this having first noticed this last year and was told that I should not see the issue again.

Was informed over the phone that this was due to 10 or more customers adding the same IBAN as a payee - is this really the root cause as it is quite frustrating being unable to complete the transfer online - I have been advised to call in branch to complete or wait a few days until the "block" is cleared on the account. 

As frustrating as it is for me with the hurdles trying to make a payment - I have to feel more sorry for the businesses that are having there payments delayed on the back of this issue as both times I have had this issue it has been to a business account.
    Hi Har0ld x9, 

Thanks for your post here. 

We're sorry to hear that you have had this trouble adding your payee and please be assured that our Online team are working on a resolution to this as a priority. 
    Have you recently tried to add this payee on 365 Online and encountered this error? If you are still having trouble adding this payee, please send us a private message here and we can request our Online team to look into this further for you. Please click on the link in my signature to send a private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement