Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 7 caller can't hear me!

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Brand new iphone 7 and callers can't hear me on the other end of the line.

- i can hear the caller
    - have the latest ios
    - all packaging is off
    - no cover on the phone
    - tried this in different parts of the country. No change
    - microphone still works for recordings/videos/etc.
    - still doesn't work on speaker - but - does work when connected to bluetooth carkit...

Anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume you aren't accidentally hitting mute and that this has been a recurring problem from the beginning and not the result of bluetooth, headphones, etc, and that you've tried basic fixes such as restarting.

The noise cancellation mic might be bad. If so try disabling noise cancellation in Settings > Accessibility > Hearing as a temporary fix. But I'd suggest bringing it back and getting a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Sorry to bump this but i sent my 7 plus back this week. It's on its way back and they didn't find an issue. Did you get it resolved?

Found a thread about it on the apple forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7681421?start=0&tstart=0

Advertisement