Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WILD GARLIC

Options
  • 06-03-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

It is very easy to get nice and fresh wild garlic at Dublin. I tried to take a few walk around Cork and could not find any. Is there anyone who can give me some suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lots of it up in Ballinlough. The back and side gardens of PIC DU JER park are a model bhoy. I know, I lived there by the Golden Fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cathalsmom

Thank you very much, Spanish eyes.

I used to 'hunt' wild garlic during the spring and summer when I was in Dublin. Thanks again for the information. I would love to go to pick some when I am free.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

cathalsmom wrote: »
    Thank you very much, Spanish eyes.

I used to 'hunt' wild garlic during the spring and summer when I was in Dublin. Thanks again for the information. I would love to go to pick some when I am free.

Ask the neighbours first, but they are sound as a pound and will be glad to give it to you!

If you pull up a clump it will grow in your own garden. Its a weed to everyone else! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

every summer at the starting line to the Ballyandreen race (part of the Ballycotton race series) there is a strong smell of it around, so out to Ballycotton you go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Take a trip out to doneraile park you'll find plenty up near the house and have a good walk added into your trip out there, the air is filled with the smell of wild garlic tis lovely.

• Advertisement

Need get a bigger garden in case there is no enough space for its aggressive growth. LOL.

every summer at the starting line to the Ballyandreen race (part of the Ballycotton race series) there is a strong smell of it around, so out to Ballycotton you go :D
    Thanks. Then can go for the race as well, not only the wild garlic.

Take a trip out to doneraile park you'll find plenty up near the house and have a good walk added into your trip out there, the air is filled with the smell of wild garlic tis lovely.
    Thank you. Would be a good idea to pick a fine day and have a walk up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

The park in Beaumont Drive has plenty

https://goo.gl/maps/mQP8wy73VB72

THANKS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say Doneraile park. Lovely for a walk around, even a sneaky picnic and wild garlic. Oh it is heavenly the smell.. Now i dont think you are suppose to pick it but like there is plenty of it, im sure once you arent walking out with truckloads of it, also a great place for nettles if you fancy making soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Woods in Blarney Castle to the west of the grounds, most ive ever seen in one place...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Dunno if yoyre still looking but Douglas and The Mangala river walk are absolutely covered in it

Advertisement