Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asking a girl out in a mad way

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Candie wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed there's no update to this.

Very.

She wasn't on the Looey this morning, keep up Candie!! :p

I was hoping for a quick resolution that validated my very solid advice to the OP so I'm still disappointed, Philly.

I think we all are. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

I once got chatted up/asked out waiting in line at the Boots' Pharmacy counter - my sister, who works as a pharmacy technician said later never accept a date with a guy who asks you out at the pharmacy counter. She had a point, but still if he had been good looking and stuff, I probably would have said "yes" - but he wasn't so total creep!!

Moral of the story: Unless you're **** hot, don't do what Yassir would have done :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Do what one of my mates does. He says i want to lick the dingle berries from your arse. Its got him a few dirty looks, a few laughs but worked once and he ended up shagging that one a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Why don't you make a recording on a tape of what you want to say to her.
    Then go over and stand beside her and take her earphones and plug them into you Walkman and that way you can ask her out without everyone hearing.

mcneil wrote: »
    Do what one of my mates does. He says i want to lick the dingle berries from your arse. Its got him a few dirty looks, a few laughs but worked once and he ended up shagging that one a few times.

Hope he doesn't say that on the Looey, he may find the Garda getting on at Hueston. :D:D

mackeire wrote: »
    Then go over and stand beside her and take her earphones and plug them into you Walkman and that way you can ask her out without everyone hearing.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Definitely post of the week right there!!

Not least because most posters will be go what the **** is a tape and where do you put that in the Walkman???

Genuinely made me laugh out loud in work and I'm trying to pretend to be working.

There's nothing like a bit of romance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

A walkman! Anyone seen with a walkman in this day and age would get a community beating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Garda, that Weirdo tried to rob my earphones !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I tried out the spontaneous approach once and it worked. I had seen a very attractive girl who lived about a mile away, on the route to a shop I used frequently. I'd seen her a few times as she walked her dog at the same time every day and had also seen her in the shop. By chance, I was walking along her road and was near the last turn for home when she walked right past with her dog, much earlier than her usual time. I had been thinking about her, walking along, head down and there she was. I was so surprised to see the object of my thoughts in front of me, that my jaw dropped open and I just stared at her. She looked at me like I was an idiot and walked on. So, I was standing there, going will I, won't I? A million times until I seized the courage and walked after her and I called after her and said, "Have you a sec? I saw you the last few days, walking your dog and I was wondering..." Now she looked at me like I was a hatchet man and she actually balled her non-doglead fist but....if I could ask you out". She said, "walk with me and we'll see", so we walked the dog's legs off for another 45 minutes or so and we got on very well indeed and we went out to dinner that evening. It lasted for six months, in the end and it was great fun while it lasted. So, go ahead and give it a shot!

Katgurl wrote: »
    Do it.

I have been asked out by randomers quite a few times over the years and it always made my day.

...................did they ever make your hole weak whole week ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

OP don't just baldly ask her out, it'll be stressful for you and her if she isn't into you or is shy/socially awkward.

I think you should try the more tried and tested normal approach and strike up a conversation. If she's wearing earphones you'll have to be cleverer, tap her on the shoulder and say "sorry did you drop this" and produce a pen/ticket/receipt. Then ask what she's listening to and go from there.

If she avoids you next day she's probably not into you. If she's not actively avoiding you then ask her if she wants to go for a coffee or something casual. So what if everyone hears, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyone overhearing a no will just think fair play to you for trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_jRQBGKPaA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

neonsofa wrote: »
    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Epic! Going to trial this :-).

See the coffee voucher with your number on it could go wrong. Knowing the type of idiot I am, I would be delighted if someone gave me the voucher and be all smiles but not realising their number is on it and I'd spend it without a second thought. I'd probably even notice the number but just assume you had taken a message or something on it. There's been a few times over the years where friends have told me afterwards that someone was trying to chat me up and it all made perfect sense in hindsight but at the time i was a dope not realising- some people need something more obvious! So if you do that idea maybe write something more than just your name- in case she's an idiot like me.

I am in that club. Wouldn't see the signs.  I use to live across the road from a Centra shop, anyway I went in there every day to get something when I got of the bus. This girl would serve me and I would think nothing of it, said hello and how are ya? and was generally nice and polite. To cut a long story short valentines day comes and a card is posted through the door with an email address on it. Hadn't a clue who it was from, anyway first thing I did was send an email to the address, turned out to be the girl in the shop.  Was delighted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

How did the dingle berries taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Desoh

Candie wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed there's no update to this.

Very.

There will be in the morning if she is on the Luas Candie, I really want this to happen. Stay tuned..

Based on advice here, I'm going to hand her the note and not say anything. Avoid akwardness for her her and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Desoh

That made me laugh out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

• Advertisement

Desoh wrote: »
    There will be in the morning if she is on the Luas Candie, I really want this to happen. Stay tuned..

Based on advice here, I'm going to hand her the note and not say anything. Avoid akwardness for her her and me.

I'm excited for you Desoh, I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear the story.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Floppybits wrote: »
    I am in that club. Wouldn't see the signs.  I use to live across the road from a Centra shop, anyway I went in there every day to get something when I got of the bus. This girl would serve me and I would think nothing of it, said hello and how are ya? and was generally nice and polite. To cut a long story short valentines day comes and a card is posted through the door with an email address on it. Hadn't a clue who it was from, anyway first thing I did was send an email to the address, turned out to be the girl in the shop.  Was delighted. :)

I have to ask how long did that last or are you still with her?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

in for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Any update?
    Ah c'mon Jenny! Keep up! She wasn't on the Looey yesterday. :pac:

*Follows Thread*

(Hah, I just went up to the top of the screen there 'cos I wasn't sure if feature was follow or subscribe or whatever and wanted to write the correct term, and the Facebook and Tweet buttons caught my eye. Actually where would a Thread share to? Is it to Boards Facebook page? But, imagine if somebody hit it by accident, and it got onto Facebook. I bet she'd be found then!! :o :eek: :eek: :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

We are awaiting.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

\drumroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not going to lie....every time I see an update I hope it's from the OP

**hope it geos well for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Rooting for OP this morning!

fb0b2527c77639a084af136144dff6eab5d6b53f314198a1fb6283c263e06a31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

He hasn't replied, maybe she was the psychopath and has kidnapped OP and harvested his organs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

CaptainR wrote: »
    He hasn't replied, maybe she was the psychopath and has kidnapped OP and harvested his organs?

Or maybe they're snogging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Maybe she's a Luas driver and won't open the note until she finishes her shift because it's a job you cannot be distracted from.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

come on!!!!!! what happened???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

He's in the Mater getting stitched up ....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

like-me-note-300x261.jpg?Signature=kMS3lgOIFQEng35tPn76UDIlcJ0%3D&Expires=1503036070&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6SEGNO7AOYOUE7Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Jesus if I was to hand out notes to every girl on the dart I wanted to f*ck forestry would suffer. 7 years younger than you and you're handing her a note, I'll be very surprised if she's anything but uncomfortable with the situation.

Jesus if I was to hand out notes to every girl on the dart I wanted to f*ck forestry would suffer. 7 years younger than you and you're handing her a note, I'll be very surprised if she's anything but uncomfortable with the situation.

Ever the romantic Dr Crayfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Come on OP, you cant be leaving us in suspense.
    Maybe they just both skipped work and went back to his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Disaster, maybe she wasted on the Luas today coz she's out on strike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 IrishBelle

Personally, id start with 'Hi' and a smile. Even if she is wearing earphones, you are going to be able to gauge a lot from her response. A note is just forcing a yes or no. I dont think thats fair on her, and it is much less likely to get a positive response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Glenster wrote: »
    If this post was about 75% shorter it would be funny.

Unfortunately its long as balls.

So I'm creeped out.

Balls aren't long, they're round, well at least mine are anyway,maybe yours are long is which case you are a freak of nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

pilly wrote: »
    You've really thought this through haven't you? :D:D

Sort of, I actually done it...it didn't end well for me but it could work out perfectly for the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

f0f571798064a435756428f0e3003506.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I got same bus home most days and guy would stare at me. One day he wrote his number on paper and dropped into my shopping bag. I was carrying flowers as it was my birthday. So he asked on note were they from someone special.

We ended up texting and had a few dates...didnt go anywhere but did give me a little glow!

What's that old saying...in spring a young man's fancy turns to love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

amtc wrote: »
    I got same bus home most days and guy would stare at me. One day he wrote his number on paper and dropped into my shopping bag. I was carrying flowers as it was my birthday. So he asked on note were they from someone special.

To be fair, that sounds a bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

I say hes bottled it :)

Has the world really come to this place where somebody showing an interest in another person, wanting to ask them out, is now creepy?

It's a sad state of affairs that some of your posts are so disconnected and cynical.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd suggest a different approach. Get off the Luas at the same stop as her, and just talk to her on the platform.

If she doesn't remove her headphones and/or calls for security it's probably a negative however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Buy a coffee and write your name and number on the coffee collar. Just hand it to her and say "Morning!!"

Cynical bloody lot in here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Buy a coffee and write your name and number on the coffee collar. Just hand it to her and say "Morning!!"

Cynical bloody lot in here :D

How many times do we have to tell ladies, "Don't accept drinks off strangers".

Advertisement