Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asking a girl out in a mad way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

How many times do we have to tell ladies, "Don't accept drinks off strangers".

Nobody said she was going to drink it. Its the gesture, an opener.
    I despair of you lot :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Has the world really come to this place where somebody showing an interest in another person, wanting to ask them out, is now creepy?

It's a sad state of affairs that some of your posts are so disconnected and cynical.

I don't know Persepoly. Like there are tonnes of hot girls in my gym, some I'd think I may even have a chance with under the right circumstances (rohypnol). But no seriously, I wouldn't give them notes or ask them out on the spot because I feel like it's encroaching on their privacy and making them uncomfortable. It's a tricky area I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nobody said she was going to drink it. Its the gesture, an opener.
    I despair of you lot :p

Richard: Hello, my name is Richard. I have been watching you from afar and thought I would buy you a coffee. Here you go.

KittensMittens: oh thank you :sips coffee out of politeness: but I'm not really interested. Sorry.

Richard: That doesn't matter. Wow, you've gotten very pale.

KittensMittens: I feel very sleepy. Must drink more of this coffee.

Richard: Yes, drink more. Maybe you should take a seat in my White Van over there. I have a mattress in the back.

KittensMittens: :speaks inaudibly: .

Richard: Yes, it is good coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

haha. I love in Extras where Stephen Merchant asks Maggie out

Darren: Maggie, hello. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been watching you secretly without you knowing and I’d be very keen to spend the night with you… if you enjoy it as much as I know I will… and um, happy to pay for it as well

I don't know Persepoly. Like there are tonnes of hot girls in my gym, some I'd think I may even have a chance with under the right circumstances (rohypnol). But no seriously, I wouldn't give them notes or ask them out on the spot because I feel like it's encroaching on their privacy and making them uncomfortable. It's a tricky area I think!

I don't know either but I wonder if it's part of the militant feminism that we are seeing so much of lately. Look sideways at a woman and you're a rapist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Luas chat-up protip:

Get a florescent jacket.
    Approach hot girl and ask: 'ticket and phone number please'.
    If phone number is not forthcoming... say you need to issue a fine.
    Proceed to say: 'Daym gurl, you is fine!!!' while giving finger guns.
    Phone number should shortly follow.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

If she's listening to music just ask her what she's listening to.

If she's been 'giving you the eye' as you say, then she'll be only happy to engage in conversation.

If not, you will now realise that she was staring at you wondering why some creeper keeps looking at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Buy a coffee and write your name and number on the coffee collar. Just hand it to her and say "Morning!!"

Cynical bloody lot in here :D

Ask her if she likes pudding pops.

s012927778.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Has the world really come to this place where somebody showing an interest in another person, wanting to ask them out, is now creepy?

It's a sad state of affairs that some of your posts are so disconnected and cynical.

Have people forgotten how to smile?... if there's suspected "giving / receiving of the eye" going on, a simple smile can qualify it and break down the barriers. Once a smile is shared it's much easier to share an hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

PARlance wrote: »
    Have people forgotten how to smile?... if there's suspected "giving / receiving of the eye" going on, a simple smile can qualify it and break down the barriers. Once a smile is shared it's much easier to share an hello.

If watching First Dates Ireland is anything to go by, people have forgot the skill of conversation!
    The amount of dates who simply can not chat is shocking.
    Anyone who can string a sentence together and just about asks a question back is seen as 'great craic'.
    A whole generation is overly reliant on texts / emails etc... and has forgotten to look up and chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Just sit where she can see you and just sit there quietly, slowly licking your eyebrows, she'll be putty in your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Caliden wrote: »
    If she's listening to music just ask her what she's listening to.

If she's been 'giving you the eye' as you say, then she'll be only happy to engage in conversation.

If not, you will now realise that she was staring at you wondering why some creeper keeps looking at her.

I might try that in the gym,theres a lady im eyeing up at the minute and
    i think its mutual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

whiskeyman wrote: »
    If watching First Dates Ireland is anything to go by, people have forgot the skill of conversation!
    Anyone who can string a sentence together and just about asks a question back is seen as 'great craic'.
    A whole generation is overly reliant on texts / emails etc... and has forgotten to look up and chat.

Actually I think if I have learned anything from watching First Dates it's that you can pretty much say any old thing that comes into your head and it'll be grand, if someone remotely likes the look of you they'll respond well, doesn't matter how banal or boring your conversation.

Truth is none of are actually that picky. We aren't waiting for a walking talking Newsnight or a one man circus, just someone who'll relate a bit, say a few words to kill the silence, smile or put their "aww" face on as appropriate in response to us when we talk.

You don't have to be hugely interesting or funny, just not too annoying. It's kind of liberating if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Ive done this a few times. Never worked. Women are weird. Im handsome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

AMKC wrote: »
    Floppybits wrote: »
    I am in that club. Wouldn't see the signs.  I use to live across the road from a Centra shop, anyway I went in there every day to get something when I got of the bus. This girl would serve me and I would think nothing of it, said hello and how are ya? and was generally nice and polite. To cut a long story short valentines day comes and a card is posted through the door with an email address on it. Hadn't a clue who it was from, anyway first thing I did was send an email to the address, turned out to be the girl in the shop.  Was delighted. :)

I have to ask how long did that last or are you still with her?
    It lasted about a year.

Came home from my swim and the first thing I did was check for an update.

Am v.v. disappointed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

So it's been two days OP - what's the bleedin' story? Did you score or wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

legrand wrote: »
    So it's been two days OP - what's the bleedin' story? Did you score or wha?
    Chickened out I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

advised by his layers not to discuss any events which may not may have occured any further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I wonder what the odds of her having read the thread are.

Imagine someone approaches you, throws a note your direction, and you know a couple of thousand people online are waiting for your response?

I bet there's been some tense women on public transport this week wondering if it's them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

OP's now doing the walk of utter humiliation, while trying desperately to find a motor share into work ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Stigura wrote: »
    OP's now doing the walk of utter humiliation, while trying desperately to find a motor share into work ;)

b9d32ace11f9b274975ad73925bb6867.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Watched the Irish version of that for the first time last week, I must be becoming less of a grump, there was a very talkative tour guide who was a bit eccentric with a lovely "cute" (their description) girl... genuinely felt happy watching the two of them converse.

I was a little disappointed with myself.

Some of the other dates were car crash. One guy's constant interrogation was seen as being great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Luas chat-up protip:

Get a florescent jacket.
    Approach hot girl and ask: 'ticket and phone number please'.
    If phone number is not forthcoming... say you need to issue a fine.
    Proceed to say: 'Daym gurl, you is fine!!!' while giving finger guns.
    Phone number should shortly follow.

You're welcome.

Go home yank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Breaking News: A 33 year old male was arrested this morning on the Red Luas Line (outbound). The suspect was reported as acting "very odd" and "queer suspicious like" by passengers aboard the 8:30 commute before the attack - Mrs. Doolin, 77 said "He was just sitting there with his hand on his willy, mumbling like a gob****e. And for Jaysus!! The smell of off it!! The dirty yoke!!". It is alleged the man lunged, drooling, at a young, unnamed woman opposite him in the carraige. Another eye witness, who wished to remain anonymous, but spoke to our reporter, claimed the assailant had a visible erection poking out above his tightly worn adidas tracksuit bottoms as he launched a projectile at the victim. The projectile was later identified as a poorly penned loveletter with a crude, childlike drawing of an ejaculating penis in the bottom right hand corner of the page, which had then been wrapped around a brick. The young woman was rushed to A&E with severe head trauma above her left eye. The suspect was detained by concerned commuters and Luas staff alike, until members of an Garda Siochana were able to apprehend the deranged sex attacker at the scene. In a statement later released by Gardai it was announced: "Our forensic dept. are still attempting to decipher the rudimentary dialect, but the messgae would appear to translate as " Hi, how r u. I think ur realy, realy sexy. Can I talk 2 u Plz.x'. However, we can confirm the man is no longer erect. It also appears the brick was intended to make the letter more aerodynamic and not to incapacitate the female."

The woman, 26, remains in a critical condition.

We'll have more updates on this ongoing story as it develops.

PARlance wrote: »
    Watched the Irish version of that for the first time last week, I must be becoming less of a grump, there was a very talkative tour guide who was a bit eccentric with a lovely "cute" (their description) girl... genuinely felt happy watching the two of them converse.

I was a little disappointed with myself.

Some of the other dates were car crash. One guy's constant interrogation was seen as being great craic.

Here's a little secret
    it's all edited to create drama for the audience

Here's an update op had a little peep in here today at 12:11pm and then left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh why did I open this thread and read the whole fucking lot? Now I'm invested in it and will have to keep checking for updates.

Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

Breaking News: A 33 year old male was arrested this morning on the Red Luas Line (outbound). The suspect was reported as acting "very odd" and "queer suspicious like" by passengers aboard the 8:30 commute before the attack - Mrs. Doolin, 77 said "He was just sitting there with his hand on his willy, mumbling like a gob****e. And for Jaysus!! The smell of off it!! The dirty yoke!!".  It is alleged the man lunged, drooling, at a young, unnamed woman opposite him in the carraige. Another eye witness, who wished to remain anonymous, but spoke to our reporter, claimed the assailant had a visible erection poking out above his tightly worn adidas tracksuit bottoms as he launched a projectile at the victim. The projectile was later identified as a poorly penned loveletter with a crude, childlike drawing of an ejaculating penis in the bottom right hand corner of the page, which had then been wrapped around a brick. The young woman was rushed to A&E with severe head trauma above her left eye. The suspect was detained by concerned commuters and Luas staff alike, until members of an Garda Siochana were able to apprehend the deranged sex attacker at the scene. In a statement later released by Gardai it was announced: "Our forensic dept. are still attempting to decipher the rudimentary dialect, but the messgae would appear to translate as " Hi, how r u. I think ur realy, realy sexy. Can I talk 2 u Plz.x'. However, we can confirm the man is no longer erect. It also appears the brick was intended to make the letter more aerodynamic and not to incapacitate the female."

The woman, 26, remains in a critical condition.

We'll have more updates on this ongoing story as it develops.
    Another two witnesses (fine wan's from Moore Street with lovely but very strong Dublin accents) were overheard in reference to shock of seeing said exposed appendage
    What was it like? Was the length of it? NO.  Was it the width of it? NO.  Well what was it den?  IT WAS THE DURT OF IT!

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Here's an update op had a little peep in here today at 12:11pm and then left.

GET BACK HERE DESOH!

We have right to know, dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I once had a situation like this. I became friendly with a young lass over a few spliffs on the back of the 77 and we talked and laughed and got on well. But alas i am romantically autistic then I moved house so no more 77 with the pretty blonde. :(

You never regret the things you do just the things you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

legrand wrote: »
    Another two witnesses (fine wan's from Moore Street with lovely but very strong Dublin accents) were overheard in reference to shock of seeing said exposed appendage
    What was it like? Was the length of it? NO.  Was it the width of it? NO.  Well what was it den?  IT WAS THE DURT OF IT!

Yeah, not being all that up on dublin city life, I was worried i wouldn't be able to fo justice to that bleeding awful sound yous all make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Candie wrote:
    We have right to know, dammit!

If it's true Desoh was here and didn't comment then we already know... :(

He's gone home to play Akon's Lonely at full volume.

If it's true Desoh was here and didn't comment then we already know... :(

He's gone home to play Akon's Lonely at full volume.

It's true, you wouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I met a previous boyfriend as he used to walk past our house all the time and we would check each other out. I ran after him one day and asked him out - he was delighted, we were together for a good while and it only ended when he returned to his home country and i had to stay and study. Still in contact and still friends - turned out we were very likeminded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

"I've lost my phone number. Can I borrow yours?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Our thoughts now should be with the Girl and hope she makes a speedy recovery from her traumatic experience on the Luas this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Right, I started following this thread last night, in the hope of seeing love's young (ish) dream flourish.

Anyway, I think we won't hear from Desoh until tomorrow evening. He's out on a date this evening.

Hopefully......

dang, there's no 'cupid' type smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I once had a situation like this. I became friendly with a young lass over a few spliffs on the back of the 77 and we talked and laughed and got on well. But alas i am romantically autistic then I moved house so no more 77 with the pretty blonde. :(

You never regret the things you do just the things you dont.

the 77? gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Desoh

Dam I have yet to see her on the Luas since I put up this post, I have the note in my hand but there's no sign of her. Il just have to wait, very frustrating sorry folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Desoh wrote: »
    Dam I have yet to see her on the Luas since I put up this post, I have the note in my hand but there's no sign of her. Il just have to wait, very frustrating sorry folks!

She's a boardsie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Desoh wrote: »

Better make a fresh note. That one in your hand will be sweaty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Desoh wrote:

You need to give that note to someone, anyone, pronto.
    This story has to evolve now. It's 2017, we're not able to wait any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya she is definitely on boards, has read this and changed her schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Desoh

Better make a fresh note. That one in your hand will be sweaty :(

I'm on my third one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

gifted wrote: »
    She's a boardsie...
    In that case the only truly responsible action is...Boards Beers!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Well done for preparing yourself, maybe she has a few days off.

Tomorrow could be your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

OMG this is so romantic!! I wish someone would do this for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    OMG this is so romantic!! I wish someone would do this for me!!

Whats your route,I'm sure I can sort something out for you

cameron-monaghan-as-joker-770x470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Yay let's hope she's on tomorrow otherwise it's a long wait til Monday !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement