Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA infraction.

Options
  • 07-03-2017 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭

I was given a yellow card for a comment I made which I accept. However I was then given a second yellow for this.
    Kirby wrote: »
    If somebody misrepresents what I said, I'm going to respond. Frankly, I feel I showed restraint. Other people on this forum would have just called him a moron.

I was given the second yellow for "ignoring a moderator's instructions."

When I pointed out that he hadn't given any instructions, the moderator changed his mind and said it was because "post is a clear dig again at the same poster suggesting others would have called him a moron." So which is it exactly?

If somebody attacks my post, surely I have a right to defend it? The user in question misread my post and misrepresented what I said. I accept the "school" comment was childish and perhaps worthy of a warning but absolutely nothing in my second comment deserves one.

Gamebred is one of two users of the MMA forum who seem to enjoy attempting to rile others users up and ends up in frequent "altercations" with them. Regular users of the forum know this. Axwell accused me of name calling and I was pointing out that I had not.

I also have previous interactions with this particular moderator going back to when he was a regular user and I feel this has led to his heavy handedness in this matter.

He has informed via PM he is upholding the second yellow after I asked him to remove it.

I would like the second yellow removed. I broke no rules in that post at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'll take a look, sorry for the delay.

Can you forward or post any PMs related to this please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Actually, no need for the PM's I just reviewed the posts.

You got a warning, you argued it on-thread and got the second warning for that.

You are on boards long enough to know that isn't acceptable.

Yellow card upheld, you may appeal this further to admin if you wish.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So just to be clear, first it was for not following a mods instructions, then that was changed to "abuse" and now its for arguing with a moderator in the thread.

So we have three different reasons for a single infraction.

Is that a record?
    Axwell wrote:
    Dear Kirby,

You have been warned for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.
    Axwell wrote:

You were told to cut the crap because of childish name calling in your previous post. No one said there was an instruction to stop posting in the thread but your next post is a clear dig again at the same poster.
    Steve wrote: »
    You got a warning, you argued it on-thread and got the second warning for that.

You are on boards long enough to know that isn't acceptable.

Yellow card upheld, you may appeal this further to admin if you wish.

Thanks.

Any chance you guys could make up your mind exactly what this yellow is supposedly for? It seems like the yellow was given and the justification for it is being decided on later.

And to your point, no, I didnt argue with the first yellow card in the thread.

My mind is clear on this, you attempted to start a discussion about a mod action on-thread.

You cannot tell me that in your 10 years on boards that you do not know this is forbidden.

As for the warning 'reason' you got in your PM, the moderator has to select the 'reason' from a limited drop-down selection, it is not always a 100% accurate description in every case.

As I said, I upheld the card so please indicate whether or not you would like an admin take a look.

Thanks.

Steve wrote: »
    you attempted to start a discussion about a mod action on-thread.

You've said that twice now and it wasn't true the first time either. At no point did I attempt to start a discussion about a mod action. This is what I said.
    Kirby wrote: »
    If somebody misrepresents what I said, I'm going to respond. Frankly, I feel I showed restraint. Other people on this forum would have just called him a moron.

This is the post. The first line is me explaining to Axwell that I can respond if somebody challenges my post. He subsequently agreed as you can see on the next page.

The second and third line is me congratulating myself on not stooping to his level. This poster has called people bum's, frauds, and wished bodily harm on people....and yet I had not.

Thats it. The post has three lines. None of which constitute arguing with a mod in a thread or "discussing mod action" as you put it. All three lines are about what I had done. Not about what the mod had done.

You can't give me a yellow card for attempting to start a discussion about a mod action on-thread when I havent done that.

• Advertisement

OK, last chance.

I've discussed this with my co-cmods and the consensus is that the card was deserved and very lenient.

You can either:

1. Accept it and move on.

2. Not accept it and request an admin review.

Please let us know.

So are you just going to ignore my previous post completely? Wow. Thats incredibly rude.

Yes I would like an admin to read the MMA comments, then read this thread, and decide for themselves. I'm hopeful common sense will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK I've reviewed this.

Yellow card - overturned.
    Post warranted a red card, clearly you don't want to accept the generous warning from the mods so I'm imposing the red that your post deserved.

If you've an issue with a mod direction on thread then take it to PM with that mod, taking a thread off topic by arguing with that direction or justifying your prior actions has never been acceptable here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement