Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games timing out voice applications

Options
  • 07-03-2017 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Can't really find an anwser to this any where, So I thought I would post here see how it goes,

But basically while playing the division it causes my teamspeak to time out, But if it doesn't time out, People talking within the teamspeak will be distorted, What I have found out is that the higher the frame rate I have within the game the worse teamspeak gets, So at the moment I have to run the game at ultra and cap the frames to 30, Otherwise the teamspeak will have time outs/ Distortion.

Also, As soon as I tab out of the game or just close it teamspeak returns to normal.

I've tried numerous different voice applications and it's the same with them all, And it's not my network as I was not dropping any packets while it was happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

seems like issue with your BB,since voice apps use udp,meaning if your game hogs up the line packets get dropped,thus the voice getting worse,until it times out,are you using lan cable or wireless to your pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kraz

I was using wireless, Switched to wired and it had no change.

do audio driver update,check your headset settings if it comes with one,also see in game audio settings if it has audio chat that it wouldn't interfere.

game could be the culprit heres some tweaks division suggests:

Audio Loss:

1. Reinstall your Audio Drivers, and restart your computer.

2. if USB unplug all unnecessary USB Devices and try relaunching the game.

3. Disable all Unused Audio devices listed in your sound panel right click windows speaker icon and disable all unused devices ex: "NVIDIA HDMI Out....." etc:

4. try making sure that your gaming mouse ultrapolling/pollingrate (assuming you have one) is not set to 1000, setting it to a lower value 500, 250, or 100
    and restart your computer if necessary.

5. turn down/off excessive bass boost, I notice with my own USB wireless Corsair Vengance 2100, that if i turn the base up to high it cuts in and out and crackles sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5uy1sc/audio_cutting_out_in_game_and_also_in/ also more on similar issues with sound in game.

Since dont play it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

scamalert wrote: »
    seems like issue with your BB

Cant agree with that at all.
    Kraz wrote: »
    What I have found out is that the higher the frame rate I have within the game the worse teamspeak gets, So at the moment I have to run the game at ultra and cap the frames to 30, Otherwise the teamspeak will have time outs/ Distortion.

Sounds like you've a CPU bottleneck, and a bad one. Putting on VSYNC limits the draw calls its issuing thus freeing some time up to go and handle other threads.

Did you buy the 6500 build suggested to you before?

ED E wrote: »
    Cant agree with that at all.

Sounds like you've a CPU bottleneck, and a bad one. Putting on VSYNC limits the draw calls its issuing thus freeing some time up to go and handle other threads.

Did you buy the 6500 build suggested to you before?

Didn't get the 6500 no,

Currently running

CPU: i5 4460
    GPU: GTX 970
    RAM: 8GB

The weird thing is I never had this issue until recently, The game itself/ Any games runs perfectly fine, No freezing etc, Just with the division I have the issue with voice applications.

• Advertisement

1. Open Task Manager
    2. Connect to TS and Play
    3. When it lags out your comms quickly alt tab out

If the blue line is more that tipping the top of the graph you've an issue.
    zVaSz.png

EDIT: Right click to switch it to per core more, the overall view will hide a core0 lockup.

I pulled task manager up on another monitor while testing,

The CPU utilization reaches from 70 - 80% Sometimes higher depends on the situation, But even when standing still not moving with low CPU utilization teamspeak is still timing out and has distortion.

Edit: Keep in mind while the frames are capped to 30, Teamspeak works, When I uncap it will stop working properly but the CPU usage won't change.

good catch ED E as usual with monitoring each core.

that said did you check your audio drivers ? since from experience as suggested nowadays theres at least couple nvidia audio,realtek hd ,windows default ones,which when combined can mess up audio,if not set correctly,since likes of realtek and nvidia come out quite often with updates,and ones like nvidia usually are part that arent necessary.

since whatever way game works seems it takes priority over all other processes like voip would be first to suffer,thats why deterioration in sound quality and packets being dropped eventually.

also if determined would try different mic or headest just to rule out its not hardware issue,which isnt likely given that it only happens with single game.

Kraz wrote: »
    I pulled task manager up on another monitor while testing,

The CPU utilization reaches from 70 - 80% Sometimes higher depends on the situation, But even when standing still not moving with low CPU utilization teamspeak is still timing out and has distortion.

Edit: Keep in mind while the frames are capped to 30, Teamspeak works, When I uncap it will stop working properly but the CPU usage won't change.

Look at just core 0 or core 1.

You can see 25% usage but still be CPU bound as one of your cores is doing all the work.

Look at just core 0 or core 1.

You can see 25% usage but still be CPU bound as one of your cores is doing all the work.
    good catch ED E as usual with monitoring each core.

that said did you check your audio drivers ? since from experience as suggested nowadays theres at least couple nvidia audio,realtek hd ,windows default ones,which when combined can mess up audio,if not set correctly,since likes of realtek and nvidia come out quite often with updates,and ones like nvidia usually are part that arent necessary.

since whatever way game works seems it takes priority over all other processes like voip would be first to suffer,thats why deterioration in sound quality and packets being dropped eventually.

also if determined would try different mic or headest just to rule out its not hardware issue,which isnt likely given that it only happens with single game.

I took a screen shot of my playback devices and also of what the CPU is doing while playing:

bac5f41ba54dba0ba3609281c59586ba_zpse3idq9r3.png

dccf8614c59afa5a570f669705f1d2d0_zpsdsxjhjhp.png

• Advertisement

Again, overall is useless.

Right click, Change Graph To, Logical Processors.

Again, overall is useless.

Right click, Change Graph To, Logical Processors.

Sorry my bad:

183bbb277f9f0134bcee97f0ffd71715_zpsgegdur4r.png

Its pegging itself to the top for 2-3s at a time.

Try this:
    Right click on the teamspeak process, set affinity, 4th core
    Right click on the division process, set affinity, 1,2,3 cores

Hopefully that'll keep them from having a scrap.

also to set affinity press on details tab not processes.Since thats where right click gives option to set affinity not on the processes tab.

also to set affinity press on details tab not processes.Since thats where right click gives option to set affinity not on the processes tab.
    Its pegging itself to the top for 2-3s at a time.

Try this:
    Right click on the teamspeak process, set affinity, 4th core
    Right click on the division process, set affinity, 1,2,3 cores

Hopefully that'll keep them from having a scrap.

Setting priority of teamspeak to high, And leaving the division on normal seems to have resolved the issue, Thanks for the help!

:)

Advertisement