Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chevrolet Kalos problem

• 07-03-2017 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi All
    Last night, without any warning the wishbone snapped on the passenger side of my 05 Chevrolet Kalos. The car wouldn't budge as the passenger tyre had wedged into the body of the car. A large amount of oil gushed out of the gearbox (just repeating what the tow-truck operator and a very kind man who stopped to help me said). The car has had loads of problems (new gearbox last year, three sets of brake pads in two years etc). I have it serviced regularly and it had a full service last Wednesday. I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to how this could happen? Should it not have been picked up during the service last week? Secondly, I'd appreciate a ballpark figure for the cost of repairing the damage before I speak to the mechanic.

I should add that this car has literally driven me demented and unfortunately, I'm not in a position to buy something new at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Regarding whether it should have been picked up in the service - what did the "full service" really consist of? Was there a test drive? Was there a visual inspection of the suspension components? If not, and if there were no obvious symptoms before it broke then it could have easily been missed.

Considering the value of such a car and general poor reputation of the Kalos, I don't think it would be worth fixing. Especially if there is extensive driveshaft or gearbox damage.

Advertisement