Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay Support

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

1c for tap. 10c per card transaction, 25c per ATM transaction. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They're not going to add Apple Pay to a legacy system  They're going to overhaul their systems first. Could take another 4 years

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just spent half an hour trying (and failing) to get into 356online so I can get some basic info. But of course it keeps falling over - like every evening and you have to jump through hoops to get something as simple as an IBAN. Apple Pay is really not part of the BoI ethos is it?!

Bank of Ireland - the luddite bank. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

5uspect wrote: »
    Just spent half an hour trying (and failing) to get into 356online so I can get some basic info. But of course it keeps falling over - like every evening and you have to jump through hoops to get something as simple as an IBAN. Apple Pay is really not part of the BoI ethos is it?!

Bank of Ireland - the luddite bank. Sigh.

Is it not at the top when you go in to your current account

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flic

Any update on Apple Pay for BOI customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Flic wrote: »
    There will be an overhaul of their systems as said above. However we wont see it for years to come. Switch to KBC I did a few months ago and its great, everything in a single app and ApplePay is well handy esp when I forget my wallet which is constantly ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Flic wrote: »

If you want Apple Pay do yourself a favour and move to another bank. You’ll also likely get better online/mobile banking (at least with KBC but it looks like to me AIB is also better).

BOI has clearly been showing no interest in implementing mobile payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

BOI will not be doing Apple Pay within 6 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

BOI will not be doing Apple Pay within 6 years...
    Source..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I would say it will be at least 5 years...until the new system is implemented....KBC have the same system in place now, although they introduced it for new current accounts only, and didn't try and overhaul their old systems. BOI's plans are more ambitious. If it works out, they should be able to implement Apple Pay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

With any luck in 5 years SEPA Instant Credit Transfer (and Mobile P2P Payments) will have replaced Apple Pay and more importantly the Visa Debit card bodge we currently have to live with.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement