Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled contract still getting a full bill

Options
  • 07-03-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I cancelled my contract about a month ago. Today I received a bill for the full 2 months coming up.

I expected to perhaps get a bill for a few days as I know about the 28 or 30 days cancellation notice, but it looks to me that you haven't processed my cancellation.

Just called 1901, waited 12 minutes in the queue, then the agent I got through to simply disconnected without even saying hello. An old trick in call centre land for busy times. I am not impressed.

I will not waste my time calling again, so can you please let me know how you can get me a written confirmation that I cancelled my contract.

If you care about your customers, you should also give the agent who hung up on me a warning. It is the worst thing you can do to someone who just waited 12 mins. Unless this of course is company policy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I cancelled my contract about a month ago. Today I received a bill for the full 2 months coming up.

I expected to perhaps get a bill for a few days as I know about the 28 or 30 days cancellation notice, but it looks to me that you haven't processed my cancellation.

Just called 1901, waited 12 minutes in the queue, then the agent I got through to simply disconnected without even saying hello. An old trick in call centre land for busy times. I am not impressed.

I will not waste my time calling again, so can you please let me know how you can get me a written confirmation that I cancelled my contract.

If you care about your customers, you should also give the agent who hung up on me a warning. It is the worst thing you can do to someone who just waited 12 mins. Unless this of course is company policy.
    Hi Happy_Harry,

I'm really sorry to hear of this experience. Can you PM me your name and account number and I'll look into this for you? Unfortunately if there is no call logged I would be unable to check which agent received your call however I will check the call log and relay your feedback to the customer care team. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I did PM Pamela on the 7th.. can someone get back to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Hi can you help me a cancellation please, having difficulty with customer care getting my number ported over to a different network,
    I had a broadband, phone, and sim only mobile services with yourselves. Through an error of my own I switch with 3 months still left on my contract, I will be paying the outstanding months due to my error,
    My phone and broadband have now switched to a different provider on monday past, but I'm having difficulty porting my mobile number over to a different network, Eir keeps rejecting the port, according to the other network,

Would you be able to help,

I did PM Pamela on the 7th.. can someone get back to me ?
    Apologies for the delay Happy_Harry. I'll be back to you today.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

mmc272 wrote: »
    Hi can you help me a cancellation please, having difficulty with customer care getting my number ported over to a different network,
    I had a broadband, phone, and sim only mobile services with yourselves. Through an error of my own I switch with 3 months still left on my contract, I will be paying the outstanding months due to my error,
    My phone and broadband have now switched to a different provider on monday past, but I'm having difficulty porting my mobile number over to a different network, Eir keeps rejecting the port, according to the other network,

Would you be able to help,
    Hi  mmc272,

Apologies for the delay. Has this since been resolved?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement