Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid fee

• 07-03-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am having an issue with my direct debit. Recently I applied and received my credit card. The due date for my first bill were set for last saturday, 4/3/17, but I have already paid it Full in advance earlier last week (28/2). Yesterday I received a text message from the bank saying I have a due DD but not enough funds. I called your CS centre to inform the situation and the lady didn't even check my account and she was very rude an unhelpful . Also I tried to sort this with your Credit Card Team and finally your Complaint Dept on the number 0818 200 365. I was told the Credit card  DD wouldnt be presented and this has been paid then I was told to just ignore the text message. I have checked my BOI online account this morning and I have been charged at 12.70 for unpaid DD. 
    Look I didnt know that I couldnt pay my BOI Credit Card in Advance. I do not agree with this charge. I have been punished for doing the right thing. Another point , it could  affect my Credit Score History. Its really hard to build a trustful Credit History in this country and this situation is really annoying and unacceptable. I have been charged for something that I already paid. I am completely upset and unhappy in how the bank have dealt with my case . Can you please help me? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Eddie84 wrote: »
    I am having an issue with my direct debit. Recently I applied and received my credit card. The due date for my first bill were set for last saturday, 4/3/17, but I have already paid it Full in advance earlier last week (28/2). Yesterday I received a text message from the bank saying I have a due DD but not enough funds. I called your CS centre to inform the situation and the lady didn't even check my account and she was very rude an unhelpful . Also I tried to sort this with your Credit Card Team and finally your Complaint Dept on the number 0818 200 365. I was told the Credit card  DD wouldnt be presented and this has been paid then I was told to just ignore the text message. I have checked my BOI online account this morning and I have been charged at 12.70 for unpaid DD. 
    Look I didnt know that I couldnt pay my BOI Credit Card in Advance. I do not agree with this charge. I have been punished for doing the right thing. Another point , it could  affect my Credit Score History. Its really hard to build a trustful Credit History in this country and this situation is really annoying and unacceptable. I have been charged for something that I already paid. I am completely upset and unhappy in how the bank have dealt with my case . Can you please help me? 
    Hi Eddie84

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear the lady was unhelpful when you called to query the charge and we're disappointed to hear the complaint was not resolved to your satisfaction. 

To allow us to look at the charge again and the background to the payment, we would ask you to log in online and select our Service Desk facility. Within the drop down menu, please select Ask A Question option. Here you can enter the details of the complaint and a colleague with account access will be happy to look into this fully for you. 

Just to mention, you can pay in advance to your BOI Credit Card. To avoid the direct debit presenting for the bill, the payment will need to be paid at least 4 working days prior to the due date. If you are transferring using BOI365, it takes 1 working day for payment to reach credit card. There's also a cut off time for the payment of 3.30pm on a banking day. 

We hope the information helps and apologies again for the service received. 

If you have any further questions please do feel free to get back in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement