Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nier Automata

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J. Marston wrote: »
    But I want to though.

Also, after seeing a few more environments, I'm convinced the graphics department blew their budget on 2B, her dress and boots and then realised they had about 100 quid left for the rest.

I'm kinda just stuck on looking at her :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I played route A and B before Christmas and took a break until tonight thinking route C would be similar to the first two but after an hour of route C I was clearly wrong.

Some plot questions/spoilers for people who've finished all the main routes
    I chose to save/revive A2. What should I know about A2's backstory/motivations at the start of route C ? From my memory of the first two routes she's a renegade Yorha member who defected after she learned the battle was pointless because there were no humans left. I also remember that she killed the forest king and you fight her once.

When 2B is dying why does she react like 2A is an old friend ? Is that something that'll be revealed later on or have I forgotten something.

I would google it but I know I'd end up spoiling the whole thing accidentally :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I played route A and B before Christmas and took a break until tonight thinking route C would be similar to the first two but after an hour of route C I was clearly wrong.

Some plot questions/spoilers for people who've finished all the main routes
    I chose to save/revive A2. What should I know about A2's backstory/motivations at the start of route C ? From my memory of the first two routes she's a renegade Yorha member who defected after she learned the battle was pointless because there were no humans left. I also remember that she killed the forest king and you fight her once.

When 2B is dying why does she react like 2A is an old friend ? Is that something that'll be revealed later on or have I forgotten something.

I would google it but I know I'd end up spoiling the whole thing accidentally :o
    2B loves 9S
    I'm almost certain that's all you need to know, but it's also a big spoiler still.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really loving this. Best game I've played since Horizon.

Finished route A, just started route B.
    I'm expecting it to skip some parts but I really wouldn't mind playing through the whole thing again as 9S.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did anyone else get ending K by accident? :P :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did anyone else get ending K by accident? :P :)
    Yeah and I hadn't saved in about two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished ABCDE. What a game.

When I finished route B
    and route C started, I was expecting it to be a quick epilogue, especially with how it started (2B's death) but it feels like that was only 50-60% of the game complete.

Route C just kept going on and on and on, in a good way though because I loved the gameplay and the story was amazing. One of those game plots that leaves a little hole in you. 2B and 9S are one tragic pairing.

Also, the credits for ending E were so well done. I deleted everything afterwards. I'll probably play it again somewhere down the line but it felt right to delete it all.

Loved it. 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Been debating getting this since released on Xbox a few weeks back so finally picked it up today based on the review below and currently downloading. Looking forward to getting stuck in tonight now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiyfG8Ctbo&t=645s

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any way to turn off those black borders during cutscenes. They are getting in the way of some cool screenshots.

Just finished it on Xbox with all achievements. Yeah I bought the ones for the weapons and endings.

Loved it, just hope they make the original backwards compatible now I've had it sat on the shelf for years now.

If someone told you that you have to play a game at least 3 times to get the full story you'd baulk but thats not how this game works as the playthroughs are totally different. I had some reading to do as I'd not played the first game and guessed the big plot point in this from the off but still a story that interested me more than most games in recent times.

Also got stung by ending K :o

I think the only thing I wasn't mad about was the combat with 9s

• Advertisement

Also got stung by ending K :o

I think the only thing I wasn't mad about was the combat with 9s
    If K was
    the fish one
    it got me too. I found 9S' combat much easier because I hacked everything.

Evade wrote: »
    If K was
    the fish one
    it got me too. I found 9S' combat much easier because I hacked everything.

Yeah stupid
    mackerel
    :p

Yeah stupid
    mackerel
    :p
    I removed 2B's OS chip about an hour into the game too.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any way to turn off those black borders during cutscenes. They are getting in the way of some cool screenshots.

Haven't figured out a way yet. Its a pain in the h0le for cut scenes,really takes from them. Don't mind it so much for regular parts of the game but don't see the need for it, its not like you couldn't see the subtitles without it.

Near the end of Route C now. Actually haven't came across any joke endings yet so must go back and see them once level select is unlocked. I must be making all the sensible/ careful choices.

What a game though. Its not perfect but not far from it for me. To be able to have you come back to the same areas multiple times can be a bit of a cop out in most games but its some achievement that they've made it interesting each time you return and actually makes sense as a gameplay mechanic given the different perspectives each time you return.

I just got the K ending for
    eating some mackerel Jackass gave me
    FFS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

skerry wrote: »
    Haven't figured out a way yet. Its a pain in the h0le for cut scenes,really takes from them. Don't mind it so much for regular parts of the game but don't see the need for it, its not like you couldn't see the subtitles without it.

Near the end of Route C now. Actually haven't came across any joke endings yet so must go back and see them once level select is unlocked. I must be making all the sensible/ careful choices.

What a game though. Its not perfect but not far from it for me. To be able to have you come back to the same areas multiple times can be a bit of a cop out in most games but its some achievement that they've made it interesting each time you return and actually makes sense as a gameplay mechanic given the different perspectives each time you return.
    Try the Vidsquish mod

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/vidsquish/discussions/0/1290691937717826366/

Have to say I'm loving this, just finished the forest world, don't have a clue how long I have left but loving the characters, music and combat. Only figured out how to upgrade my skills a little while back so that's helped things along. 2B is such a great character.

Less than a third of the way. There's three playthroughs until you get the real ending.

Less than a third of the way. There's three playthroughs until you get the real ending.

Less than a 3rd of the way through the first playthrough?

Less than a 3rd of the way through the first playthrough?
    About half to two thirds of the way through route A.

• Advertisement

About half to two thirds of the way through route A.

Ha more confused now but I'm gonna push on, less I know, the better, I suppose.

You'll get ending A for the 2B story you're on now then minor
    you play as 9S following roughly the same missions as in 2B's story for ending B
    then bigger
    Route C goes in a whole new direction and you get the true ending(s).

Not touching those spoilers, enjoying the mystery of the whole thing :)

Fuuuuuck. Got to copied city, died in the boss battle, checked my skills to mix things up and saw I only had hud chips installed. Just realised you lose your chips when you die. Got back to the boss but couldn't find my body, died again. Had some really really good chips equipped. This explains why I would be randomly missing skills throughout my playthrough though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started this tonight and was playing on normal and got my as s handed to me, so dropped down to easy, what difficulty are he playing on?

Started this tonight and was playing on normal and got my as s handed to me, so dropped down to easy, what difficulty are he playing on?

Playing on normal, finding it grand. Some fights take a few goes alright. Just just the skills tab in the menu and make sure you are equipping chips in increase defense, attack, auto heal when health is low, etc. Only found one new weapon which I didn't like, didn't buy any new weapons yet. Also buy storage when you can to equip more chips.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing on normal, finding it grand. Some fights take a few goes alright. Just just the skills tab in the menu and make sure you are equipping chips in increase defense, attack, auto heal when health is low, etc. Only found one new weapon which I didn't like, didn't buy any new weapons yet. Also buy storage when you can to equip more chips.

Easy is to easy so I'm gonna go back to normal.

Fuuuuuck. Got to copied city, died in the boss battle, checked my skills to mix things up and saw I only had hud chips installed. Just realised you lose your chips when you die. Got back to the boss but couldn't find my body, died again. Had some really really good chips equipped. This explains why I would be randomly missing skills throughout my playthrough though.

What they don't tell you is that you can just load up your last save instead of pi$$ing around trying to find your body and regain lost chips. Just make sure you save before any battles where you might get your a$$ handed to you ;)

Have you Auto-Use chips installed? Upgrade them if you have them and install as they will automatically use a health pack once your energy gets below a certain level. Saved me wiping in a load of boss fights and are pretty much essential.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Playing on Xbox. Got over them in the end, they do get in the way of some nice screenshots though and are a weird design choice IMO.

• Advertisement

Skerry that's a great tip!

I just found out how to use quick heal in the final battle :p

Route A done, straight onto route B :)

Advertisement