Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlucky 13.

Options
  • 07-03-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Unlucky 13kg because Im going to burn you off!!
    Inspired by KKVs thread, Im going to start my own thread! Once a week I will update at least with a weekly review. Stats- Weigh 89 kg, Height 5ft 10. Have one kid and another on the way in a couple of weeks so lack of sleep will be a challenge.
    Goal weight-76 kg. Goal date-29th June.
    I have a power cage, olympic weights, spin bike, punch bag, skipping rope and runners for running!
    Diet-Basically Ketogenic 6 days a week. Treat day on a Saturday ONLY.(This is the tricky part. Normally start treat day on a Friday and it runs into weeks!)
    Exercise plan: Weight lifting/HIIT-4 days a week- 1 HOUR. 45min weights 15min Hiit.
    Boxing class-Twice a week. Will have to take a month off when baby comes
    Parkrun 5km- Saturday morning. Started this last week. Ran a time of 27 1/2 min so want to set new pb.
    Motivation-15 euro each for 1st 7kg lost. 20 euro each for last 6 kg. I'll be buying a non food treat at the end!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Halfway through 1st week. Diet was good Monday and Tuesday. Atrocious yesterday and breakfast was bad this morning. Alot of junk due to lack of food prep. Will get on top of this big time as I move into next week. Too difficult going cold turkey! Which is what Ill be eating lots of!!!
    On the plus side. One weights session- Split squat- 15kg db-3x12
    Lat pulldown- 35kg 12x3
    Db press- 22.2kg 12x 3
    Hamstring curl-22.2 -12x3
    Military press- 25kg-2x 12
    3k run and 6k run.
    Weigh in day this Saturday. Only weighing myself once a week!

Started Keto properly. Few headaches but still all good.
    1KG DROP in weight which Id say might be water weight as im eating alot. Will begin calorie counting on Monday. For the moment just getting used to not eating carbs. Have only had one weights session this week due to some doms and the headaches. Will be back lifting tomorrow.
    Running-went from 27:30 to 25:20 in park run. Delighted with that improvement. Also went for a long run the day after the park run. Was supposed to be 8k. Took a wrong turn and became 11k!
    No boxing this week. Badminton on Wednesday though. Think the change in diet has thrown me off exercise course a bit. Will try catch up thurs-Sun
    Wed-3k and badminton match
    Thurs-Weights and sprints
    Friday-weights/punch bag
    Saturday-5k/weights
    Sunday-long run-8k

Down to 86 kg. Thats a 3 kg loss. 1 kg per week until this week which i was disappointed but im going to lower the calories this week. with Kept coming off keto as I wasnt doing it properly. I was having a treat meal on a Saturday that turned into a three day spree. I bumped up the calories to eat more on strict Keto on 2nd May. Thats 20 days today, longest on a diet. I also signed up for half mararthon at start of June. A big commitment with a toddler and new baby! Getting all the runs in thou. Around 2 5ks an 8k and long run once a week. Will be bumping that up to 4k/5k/10k/5k amd long run mixed with skipping and bike work as I want to break my half marathon record of 1hr 47min,
    I am also getting at the weights more consistently. Upper and lower 3 times a week. Think Ill keep it at 3 times a week until after half marathon then ill bump it up to 4 times. Ive gone from 4 chin ups to 10(4x10) and 3 pull ups to 8(4x8). Delighted
    with progress so far but worried about Slaine this weekend and Stag the next weekend. Worried more about the eating hungover. Ill probably crave sugar. Any suggestions? Also thinking diet coke and vodka as a drink to stay keto, anybody have experience or suggestions on that?

Revised goal to be 78kg on 2nd July. To be realistic, Still a tough goal but alot more realistic

Ran 5km last night. Followed by Lat pd (40k)/Dips/Military press(30kg) Super set-3x 12. Then 15min skipping

• Advertisement

Ran 15km last night as long run as I cant do it this weekend.....Slaine. wrecked thou and legs stiff. Upperbody weights and bike for leg recovery. Im now 23 days on Keto. Longest diet change Ive ever made! Absolutely freaked about coming off the wagon after Slaine thou. Will be drinking spirits and diet drink on Saturday. Think Im going to premake a load of Keto food for Sunday so I dont eat sugar. If I fall off the sugar wagon itll be devastating as the last time I fell of I put on 2 stone in 2 months. Its not happening this time. Im prepared not to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

A mindset tweak will help you cope with the aftermath of Slane...as will having some food ready to go on Sunday.

Take ownership of your food choices. IF you eat something off plan, own it.

Own it, recognise it for what it is and then get back on the wagon.

You don't actually have to throw it all out the window and eat ****e all round you just because you made a 'bad' choice.

The power is in your hands so don't let the food make your choices for you!

Thanks for that. Good advice. That seems to be my main problem. One cheat turns into weeks of cheats. I never thought to change the mindset and just enjoy it and move on. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet thou so Im preparing the food in advance and preparing to not fail. The good thing about this Keto diet is that it has been sustainable due to the fact that the food has been tasty. I will have to train myself to have that one cheat meal thou

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

tony stark wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Good advice. That seems to be my main problem. One cheat turns into weeks of cheats. I never thought to change the mindset and just enjoy it and move on. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet thou so Im preparing the food in advance and preparing to not fail. The good thing about this Keto diet is that it has been sustainable due to the fact that the food has been tasty. I will have to train myself to have that one cheat meal thou

Yeah it's just to be a bit more mindful of what you eat rather than going "well, I ate that so I might as well just eat all of the everything".

If you were on a quiz show, playing for money where every right answer earned you more and you got a question wrong.....would you just throw in the towel and make no effort to get the next one right? :)

Good way of putting it! Cheers

• Advertisement

Ok totally over did it on the booze at g n r! Haven't been able to exercise since. Feel ready for it today though. Think I'll just do a light weights routine and 5 k run to ease back into things. Food wise I didnt go mental. In fairness I couldnt eat properly on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday I ate junk. Not the crazy mental amount I used to but enough to put on 1 kilo. In a better frame of mind to move on from that now. Dont feel I enjoyed the sugar enough to want to go back on it so happy to be back on the ketogenic diet today. Will update tomorrow on how the rest of this day goes

Crawling back into it after a stag last weekend. Thankfully nothing else in my way for the next few months apart from the wedding I have to go to and that'll be easy not to drink at. Started the 5/3/1 program this week as I have less days for weights with the half marathon looming at the end of the month. So out running and more bike/skipping for cardio for the run. 5/3/1 seems to be a good program and more efficient so going to run that and after half marathon start the 12 week built like a badass program. I heard about the 5/3/1/ and built like a badass reading thread here so any advice is welcome. Also back on day 3 of Keto. Last time i was on it for 24 days and it was great until I broke it so plan to stay on it for 30 days until this wedding I have to go to

Ran 16km on Saturday! Delighted with that as I had slacked off on training. Only 3 weeks to Half marathon now so have a better focus going into this week!
    Decided the 5/3/1 program isnt for me right now due to my diet cut so Im going for the built like a badass program starting today. Cant wait to get stuck into it! Hurggh aahhhh

Started built like a jackass program last night. I liked the way its just one hour due to time restrictions. Feel it in the chest today although form was off on flat db press(too heavy at 20kg) and 'hang clean' during the circuit9had never performed this move). Felt like the hang clean was for my forearms?? It was the only one I struggled with. Forearms feel tight today but maybe thats a good thing!!! Day 2 of B.L.A.B. and 5k run tonight

Fell off the wagon big time! 4 days of eating absolute junk. Eg Yeesterday- Breakfast: bread eggs sausage, rasher, butter, 4 chocolate kimberly and a yahzoo strawberry milk. Then 4 icebergs, 2 kinder buenos, a giant milkybar, coke, burritos. Ive probably forgotten the other half. And that was just yesterday never mind the other 3 days. I am not going to let this get me down or dewl on it like I usually do or worse continue the streak for weeks. back on the wagon today. On a plus side I completed week 1 of built like a badass . Unfortunatly only 3 or 4 runs in last 2 weeks so the half marathon will be very tough. Its in 2 weeks. Ill just run it very easy and stop if I have to

Advertisement