Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you remove my phone number from you Credit call Centres

Options
  • 07-03-2017 12:57pm

currently on a Daily basis I am receiving calls from you Credit Call centers who are pretending to be from Eir but are actually working on behalf as Eir as Debt Collectors.

I am currently in dispute with eir over Broadband charges and my claim has been raised to Comreg and the CCPC, however these calls are now becoming a nuisance with myself having to repeat constant information that I am in contact with the above two departments.

Today I received such call from this call centre pretending to be Eir, and at the start of the call I was told this call may be recorded.  So I started recording it to the horror of the person on the other end, who then read out some long winded statement on the Data Protection act of which she asked me to agree too.  I asked her to provide me with a copy of this statement by way of written letter so I could study however she refused to do so.

I would now like to remove my mobile and home telephone number from your database so in order to stop receiving nuisance calls from your call center Agents.

According to CitizensInformation.ie

Your preference not to receive cold calls is recorded on the National Directory Database by the company who receives a line rental payment from you. This should be done within 5 working days of you notifying them of this preference. It can subsequently take up to 28 days for this information to filter through to marketing companies who make ‘cold calls’. This register only applies to calls that are made in Ireland

If a company makes a cold call to your home and you have registered your preference not to be called more than 28 days before you should, in the first instance, let the company know that you do not wish to receive cold calls. You can also complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.

If you are or have recently been a customer of the company who is calling you or you have indicated that you wish to get these calls these rules do not apply. A reputable company should, however, respect your wishes not to be called.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/telecommunications_and_postal_services/dealing_with_unwanted_telephone_sales_calls.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

currently on a Daily basis I am receiving calls from you Credit Call centers who are pretending to be from Eir but are actually working on behalf as Eir as Debt Collectors.

I am currently in dispute with eir over Broadband charges and my claim has been raised to Comreg and the CCPC, however these calls are now becoming a nuisance with myself having to repeat constant information that I am in contact with the above two departments.

Today I received such call from this call centre pretending to be Eir, and at the start of the call I was told this call may be recorded.  So I started recording it to the horror of the person on the other end, who then read out some long winded statement on the Data Protection act of which she asked me to agree too.  I asked her to provide me with a copy of this statement by way of written letter so I could study however she refused to do so.

I would now like to remove my mobile and home telephone number from your database so in order to stop receiving nuisance calls from your  call center Agents.

Your preference not to receive cold calls is recorded on the National Directory Database by the company who receives a line rental payment from you. This should be done within 5 working days of you notifying them of this preference. It can subsequently take up to 28 days for this information to filter through to marketing companies who make ‘cold calls’. This register only applies to calls that are made in Ireland

If a company makes a cold call to your home and you have registered your preference not to be called more than 28 days before you should, in the first instance, let the company know that you do not wish to receive cold calls. You can also complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.

If you are or have recently been a customer of the company who is calling you or you have indicated that you wish to get these calls these rules do not apply. A reputable company should, however, respect your wishes not to be called.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/telecommunications_and_postal_services/dealing_with_unwanted_telephone_sales_calls.html
    Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid this call is not classed as a cold call as the call is not in relation to marketing. Should you wish to be removed from the NDD database your current provider will be able to arrange this for you. You can read more on the NDD database here.

This call is in relation to an outstanding balance on your eir account which has been passed to a third party debt collection agency which is a standard process. I'm afraid as it is a third party company we would be unable to arrange for you to no longer receive calls in relation to this. Should ComReg come to a resolution that the balance is not owed by you then the balance will be removed and you will no longer receive calls in relation to this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

I would now like to remove my mobile and home telephone number from your database so in order to stop receiving nuisance calls from your  call center Agents.

Hi  Deleted User,

I'm afraid this call is not classed as a cold call as the call is not in relation to marketing. Should you wish to be removed from the NDD database your current provider will be able to arrange this for you. You can read more on the NDD database here.

This call is in relation to an outstanding balance on your eir account which has been passed to a third party debt collection agency which is a standard process. I'm afraid as it is a third party company we would be unable to arrange for you to no longer receive calls in relation to this. Should ComReg come to a resolution that the balance is not owed by you then the balance will be removed and you will no longer receive calls in relation to this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, thanks for your reply.

firstly this company identifies themselves as Eir when contacting customers and not a third party company.   When questioned they admit they are only agents of Eir acting on your behalf.

Secondly as mentioned, Currently comreg and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission are currently investigating this matter, as EIR are fully aware, pestering a customer whilst this is under investigation is in my view harassment,  and in turn can be considered a Nuisance call.  As this company Identifies itself as Eir and is acting on behalf of Eir you are fully liable as a company for the actions they carry out.

I refer you to [font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997[/font][font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]. [/font]

[font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana] debt collection agencies, are covered by Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. This provides that a person is guilty of an offence if he/she makes any demand for payment of a debt and if:[/font]
    • The demands are so frequent as to be calculated to subject you or a member of your family to alarm, distress or humiliation, or
    • The person falsely represents that criminal proceedings lie for non-payment of the debt, or
    • The person falsely represents that he or she is authorised in some official capacity to enforce payment, or
    • The person utters a document falsely represented to have an official character
    [*]
    [font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]If you are subjected to such behaviour by your creditor or by a debt collection agency, you should report the matter to the Garda Síochána. Anyone found guilty of offences under the Act is subject to large fines and up to 14 years in prison.[/font]

[font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]I would suggest Eir allow this investigation to continue, and stop with the Nuisance calls I am receiving daily.[/font]

[font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]Regards[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

firstly this company identifies themselves as Eir when contacting customers and not a third party company.   When questioned they admit they are only agents of Eir acting on your behalf.

Secondly as mentioned, Currently comreg and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission are currently investigating this matter, as EIR are fully aware, pestering a customer whilst this is under investigation is in my view harassment,  and in turn can be considered a Nuisance call.  As this company Identifies itself as Eir and is acting on behalf of Eir you are fully liable as a company for the actions they carry out.

I refer you to [font=Arial,]Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997[/font][font=Arial,]. [/font]

[font=Arial,] debt collection agencies, are covered by Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. This provides that a person is guilty of an offence if he/she makes any demand for payment of a debt and if:[/font]
    • The demands are so frequent as to be calculated to subject you or a member of your family to alarm, distress or humiliation, or
    • The person falsely represents that criminal proceedings lie for non-payment of the debt, or
    • The person falsely represents that he or she is authorised in some official capacity to enforce payment, or
    • The person utters a document falsely represented to have an official character

[*]
    [font=Arial,]If you are subjected to such behaviour by your creditor or by a debt collection agency, you should report the matter to the Garda Síochána. Anyone found guilty of offences under the Act is subject to large fines and up to 14 years in prison.[/font]

[font=Arial,]I would suggest Eir allow this investigation to continue, and stop with the Nuisance calls I am receiving daily.[/font]

[font=Arial,]Regards[/font]
    [*]
    No problem  Deleted User.

This is a third party company working on behalf of eir and when they contact you they should state this. Unfortunately due to this company been a third party we are unable to arrange for them to stop contacting you from here and you would need to request this from them directly. Again apologies I was unable to assist you further from here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

I refer you to [font=Arial,]Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997[/font][font=Arial,]. [/font]

[font=Arial,] debt collection agencies, are covered by Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. This provides that a person is guilty of an offence if he/she makes any demand for payment of a debt and if:[/font]

[*]
    [font=Arial,]If you are subjected to such behaviour by your creditor or by a debt collection agency, you should report the matter to the Garda Síochána. Anyone found guilty of offences under the Act is subject to large fines and up to 14 years in prison.[/font]

[font=Arial,]I would suggest Eir allow this investigation to continue, and stop with the Nuisance calls I am receiving daily.[/font]

[font=Arial,]Regards[/font]

[*]
    No problem  Deleted User.

This is a third party company working on behalf of eir and when they contact you they should state this. Unfortunately due to this company been a third party we are unable to arrange for them to stop contacting you from here and you would need to request this from them directly. Again apologies I was unable to assist you further from here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    [*]
    Hi Pamela, thankyou for this information.  This third party working on behalf of Eir refuse to give out any information as to who they are.

Please could you forward me all their details so that I may report them to the relevant authorities.

Can I also request you inform them that it is illegal to impersonate another company and they should clearly state who they are when making calls to Eir customers.  Naturally as Eir employ this company on their behalf I would expect you to take my complaint about their behavior seriously and pass along this information to them that they must not impersonate Eir or anyone from Eir and make it clear to Eir customers that they are just debt collecting agents and not Eir representatives.

Regards

Just had another Telephone call from this crowd, again they Identified themselves as Eir, After several minutes of Going through the motions and mentions of Irish law they soon eventually identified themselves as a Third Party Agent of Eir.

Arvato are their names located in East Point Business Park, Dublin.

I think I must have scared the life out of them, because the minute I mention this telephone call is being recorded they run a mile!  I wonder why that is?  Is it because they are using underhand tactics and pretending to be EIR?  They even Identified themselves as the company that used to be called Eircom.

Shame on you Eir for allowing this carry on.

By the way, its perfectly fine to record the telephone conversation because your agents give permission at the start of the call.

"This call may be recorded for training and quality purposes"

Lol, guess its another letter to Comreg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement