Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf Service Manual - Download

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Any sign of the bigger manuals?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Be advised that the U.S Leaf requires a service much more frequently that that in Ireland.

U.S intervals are about 7,500 miles (12,000 Kms) or once a year and in Ireland about 18,600 miles , 30,000 Kms or once a year whichever comes first.

There was huge controversy over this and the manual was ( from what I've read ) re written by Nissan USA to keep dealers happy by getting owners to return to spend money much more frequently.

You really should have the European version of the manual.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Be advised that the U.S Leaf requires a service much more frequently that that in Ireland.

U.S intervals are about 7,500 miles (12,000 Kms) or once a year and in Ireland about 18,600 miles , 30,000 Kms or once a year whichever comes first.

There was huge controversy over this and the manual was ( from what I've read ) re written by Nissan USA to keep dealers happy by getting owners to return to spend money much more frequently.

You really should have the European version of the manual.

After reading through this download last night. Have to agree.
    The service schedule in this book is madness.

Some Irish dealers put a "next service due" sticker saying 15,000 kms which is just pure dishonest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have the full Nissan Leaf 2011 OEM Factory Service Manual in PDF format.
    Model ZE0 Series
    Edition: November 2010
    Publication No. SM1E-1zE0U0
    with
    \"Bonus materials\":
    Dismantler\'s guide
    First responder guide
    Navigation manual
    Owners manual
    Roadside assistance

It's a torrent file, [snip]
    Mods, if there's a problem with this post please delete....

Mod note: perfectly fine mentioning that it exists. Just can't use boards to point people to it.

• Advertisement

Now why could you not use boards to point to the manual ?

Now why could you not use boards to point to the manual ?

It may be on a site where people may share files which may land boards.ie in trouble.

If the PDF is already downloaded, depending on size it could be uploaded as part of a post though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Attaching the file is even more of an issue as it's copyrighted material and that's forcing boards to host it.
    I think you'd probably be on the right side of the rules posting a link to a google search that just happens to provide helpful search results.

Is there an actual legal issue here ? I'd actually like to know.

Yes, I believe torrent sites are illegal. Torrents is where I can get free music, movie and computer software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

theres no legal, i.e. copyright issue , with a link ( as was confirmed by a recent decision of the ECJ)

Furthermore factory service manuals upto the 2015 model leaf are available legitimately free of charge in PDF form from http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan-leaf-factory-service-manuals.html

also for the princely sum of 6 pounds you can buy it in CD format etc

Nissan LEAF ELECTRIC CAR EV Factory Service Manuals & VIDEOS DVD |, eBay http://r.ebay.com/kmJfSe

Note that under both US and EU law , Nissan must release servicing information ( and access to spare parts) to any third party service agent, not just those authorised by Nissan. ( that includes you )

Yes, I believe torrent sites are illegal. Torrents is where I can get free music, movie and computer software.

A torrent in itself is not illegal , the downloading , i.e. copying of material that has not got a specific releases to do just that , is illegal , in certain circumstances

You are allowed to access copyright information for certain thing s

(a) non commercial personal research
    (b) educational purposes
    (c) for review etc ( limitations apply )

Copyright is not a blanket ban on accessing information

What a website allows or its policy is of course is entirely different

BoatMad wrote: »
    Note that under both US and EU law , Nissan must release servicing information ( and access to spare parts) to any third party service agent, not just those authorised by Nissan. ( that includes you )

That's correct. But they still retain the copyright on the actual materials they write and can charge for access.

The Fair Use/Fair Dealing covers non commercial personal research and educational purposes but those exemptions would not cover posting that material on boards.
    And while personally I know that a torrent file containing tracker info and a few hashes of copyrighted material isn't the same thing as the copyright material itself, courts have rules against that opinion.
    And there have also been multiple cases where merely linking to the torrent has been prosecuted successfully.

At the very least I'd like to add another layer there, where someone can still be pointed to where they can get the files without directly linking to the torrent.

cros13 wrote: »
    That's correct. But they still retain the copyright on the actual materials they write and can charge for access.

indeed, however it is the case that Nissan allow PDFS of their service manuals to be distributed FOC by agreement and the links I mention claim to have that agreement

Again in Europe there is a provision that copyright does not apply to " non commercial private research "

I would suggest pouring over a Leaf PDF as a owner is exactly that !!:D

Sure... linking to a site in good faith that they have permission to post the content should be fine.

BTW, the "non commercial private research" exemption applies primarily to students and researchers (and largely for quotation or inclusion in a dataset or the like) and can be construed as requiring original research to be conducted and published..... it's not the same thing as "non commercial private and personal use" exemption that can cover importation of copyrighted content without the copyright holders permission.

Similarly the "educational purposes" exemption is for schools not individuals.

Owners of the vehicle and third parties have a legal right to the material itself... just not to distribute.

cros13 wrote: »
    Sure... linking to a site in good faith that they have permission to post the content should be fine.

BTW, the "non commercial private research" exemption applies primarily to students and researchers (and largely for quotation or inclusion in a dataset or the like) and can be construed as requiring original research to be conducted and published..... it's not the same thing as "non commercial private and personal use" exemption that can cover importation of copyrighted content without the copyright holders permission.

Similarly the "educational purposes" exemption is for schools not individuals.

Owners of the vehicle and third parties have a legal right to the material itself... just not to distribute.

no wish to have a long discourse , excemption ( l) article 5 provides sufficient grounds for what we need to do here

(l) use in connection with the demonstration or repair of equipment;

Advertisement