Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview

Options
  • 07-03-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone know what questions they ask at interview? Any advice what to say what not to say? What to wear etc. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Useful link here which makes suggestions about what you should wear.
    https://slinuacareers.com/2014/09/preparing-for-defence-forces-recruitment-interviews/
    That link says at your interview you will be asked about 'competencies'.
    I am open to correction but I think these 'competencies' are spelled out in the email that invites you to interview.
    From the DF's website http://www.military.ie/careers/army/cadetships/induction/: 'The interview is competency based where candidates will be assessed under the following competencies:-
    Planning and organising
    Decision making and problem solving
    Communication
    Leadership and supervising
    Personal motivation and discipline
    So you are required to give examples of times you showed the ability to plan and organise for example.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Does anyone know what questions they ask at interview? Any advice what to say what not to say? What to wear etc. Cheers

Is the interview for Cadets or recruits?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thebusternick

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Is the interview for Cadets or recruits?

Well i was thinking of recruits not sure what the mister that replied meant

Well i was thinking of recruits not sure what the mister that replied meant

Interview is also competency based for recruits. You must show in the interview that you can work in a team, are motivated/Can motivate yourself, can work under pressure and also have a good understanding of the defence forces (career orientation). I sat the recruit interview and passed in July. Im starting on Monday so if you have any questions feel free to ask

Also wear a suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Gedeon_L

Is anyone willing to post / describe the structure of the interview and, specifically, what questions they were asked? Interview is something I am most worried about as I am able to pass their fitness requirements. Army is a life-long dream but I never had stressful experiences or to work under pressure in my entire life. Never, really, had the opportunity to work as part of a serious team either so I ahve no idea how to make up for that - I don't want to make things up - bs'ing people I want to work with just feels like a bad start. I don't suppose that being honest, showing motivation, interest and willingness would be enough. It's not something I would mention there but I am willing to ditch college and not get myself into any family commitments just so I can join as a recruit - I hate the perspective of having to do sedentary work while I am still young.

I was looking around the web and, unfortunately, CareerServices is not offering any courses for 2017 recruitment due to time constraints and I couldn't find anything similar. Did anyone find a prep course for the army?

Advertisement