Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to shop around for insurances

• 07-03-2017 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this seems a stupid query but since taking out our mortgage we took out insurance with the bank at the same time. At the time it was convenient, having everything taken in one payment every month.

I just received last years statement, €378 was paid for home insurance.
    €878.80! For life cover for two people.

I've asked for copies of these policies to be sent out to check what's covered.

Does anyone recommend an insurance company in particular to try. Really need to bring down monthly costs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I recently shopped around and found that Royal London via LABrokers.ie was the cheapest for life cover. It is worth checking out the price comparison on Bonkers and LA Brokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,775 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You should have been sent all documentation when you signed up, shouldn't need to be asking for it to be sent out again.

I recently was getting some quotes for life assurance, and 878 certainly seems a huge amount per year for it for 2 people. Unless of course you have a HUGE mortgage to cover.

Royal London was also the cheapest quote I got, also through LABrokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Were there any health issues disclosed when you were taking out the life policy? Are either of you smokers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Seems around what I am paying and I am also with the bank for life insurance

They did a price match with the cheapest quote available when I started about 16 months ago

Advertisement