Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabor Closing

Options
  • 07-03-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Just got a text that Sabor has closed.

Anyone know anything about this or have any info? I have a booking and am wondering will I get my deposit back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Got the same. I'm actually furious, they took a deposit a few days ago off me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You might struggle to get a deposit back if they are going into liquidation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They seemed to be forever on Groupon offering deals, which to me would indicate they weren't doing too well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you paid by credit card contact your card company for a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Me too only paid the deposit Sunday also have a voucher:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If you paid by credit card contact your card company for a charge back.

+1 on this. One of the benefits with card purchases is that you can do a charge back when a business goes under.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I am surprised they lasted this long . Any business that depends on vouchers to get customers in the door is fighting a losing battle from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A place you only needed to go once. Was amazing the first time, but exact repeat the second time down to the "banter". Food got worse from then on I heard as they started to scrimp. Always went with a voucher too, too expensive to go otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can't believe anyone would pay a deposit for a restaurant.
    Didn't we learn anything during the boom / crash??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I thought it was doing great no? At least it was a couple of years ago. It always seemed to be #1 or thereabouts on tripadvisor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I thought it was doing great no? At least it was a couple of years ago. It always seemed to be #1 or thereabouts on tripadvisor.

Great reviews does not always equate great business success.
    I've seen many places do poorly despite great food - a mix of poor business skills / high rent can cripple even the best foodie heaven.
    Remember Mint in Ranelagh? Not even a Michelin star could save it...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Apparently they're not honoring any vouchers or deposits. People going mad on Facebook. One person down 150 euro alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Remember Mint in Ranelagh? Not even a Michelin star could save it...

Mint was so expensive. I had a neighbour who went for a meal there and it was €150 pp. Whereas Patrick Guilbaud's is very reasonably priced for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Apparently they're not honoring any vouchers or deposits. People going mad on Facebook. One person down 150 euro alone.

Got a refund through dealrush straight away a day bank refunding the deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

The food really went downhill and was not worth it unless you had a voucher for it. My gf is Brazilian and she really thought it was below par compared to what you can get cheaply in Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Anyone who thinks Tripadvisor is a reliable indicator of anything needs their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

McDonald's is 15th for Northside restaurants. There's pubs that do toasties in the top 20. Useless here for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Give me the name of something more reliable ? I use it for hotels and restaurants worldwide and it is pretty accurate in my experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Can't believe anyone would pay a deposit for a restaurant.
    Didn't we learn anything during the boom / crash??

Lots of restaurants suffer from high numbers of no-shows or last-minute cancellations.

http://twitter.com/Phil_Yeung/status/837757892325421061

So some of the higher end spots are starting to ask for a deposit to help defer this kind of behaviour. I paid a deposit to secure The Greenhouse for Christmas Eve lunch

However, in this case, it does look a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Reading they haven't paid staff wages since November

• Advertisement
Advertisement