Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct pay for casual work

Options
  • 07-03-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I am working part time hours at the moment (i.e.: being paid an hourly rate) and I just want to check if anyone knows at what point I would move from hourly rate to 'salary rate'? It is very difficult to work out online, but it is my understanding that once you have completed a certain number of days within a year, you move to the correct level of the pay scale, rather than an hourly rate.

Any idea how it works for those of us not working full time hours?

Cheers,.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

It's 150 hours not a set number of days

• Registered Users Posts: 22 austeacher

Great- thanks so much. Does the Department automatically realise you've worked 150hrs and change you over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Depends whether you are ETB or department paid? If it's a combo of both you'll have to get a statement of service from both to send to each payroll section. The ETB are pretty slow at everything.

Advertisement