Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood risk in Rush, Co Dublin

Options
  • 07-03-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Currently a house for sale in Lambay View in Rush, Co Dublin

Is this a flood risk area ? Is there a stream nearby ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I would have thought a zero chance of flooding.
    There is a small stream nearby on it's boundary,but it would pose little chance of flooding.
    Lambay view is a lovely estate with all the amenities a family need close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChewyLewy

dslamjack wrote: »
    I would have thought a zero chance of flooding.
    There is a small stream nearby on it's boundary,but it would pose little chance of flooding.
    Lambay view is a lovely estate with all the amenities a family need close by.

It looks like a great estate. Quiet too.

I've heard that AXA won't insure the house up near the top. Think from numbers 42 to 46

Not sure why cause I can't see any flood happening . Haven't heard of one happening either

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Look for an online quote for home insurance for that address and that will tell you if the insurance companies think its a flood risk, it doesn't matter if its never been flooded before, I've lived in my house for over 20 years and never been flooded or even seen a flood near me, but a few years ago the local council included the estate I live in as a flood risk area and now no-one will quote me, I still get insured from the insurance company I have been with for the last 10 years, but I cant go looking for a cheaper quote anywhere else, its absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

You can contact a home insurance company and tell them of your interest in purchasing a certain home. They will tell you if there is an increased risk of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ChewyLewy wrote:
    It looks like a great estate. Quite too.

Quite what?

It is a lovely estate, nice area to live too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

tedpan wrote: »
    Quite what?

Quite Quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The only part of Rush that I've seen flooding is the Spout Road/Rodgerstown area and that's usually following a very occasional extra-high spring tide.

Advertisement