Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Meter

• 07-03-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi Im looking for details on the smart meter rollout, and interested to how i can get one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi stezie,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you referring to our Smarter Pay As You Go meter? This meter allows you to top up your Pay As You Go meter remotely and check your electricity usage in real time. You can find more information on our website.

Electric Ireland will only arrange a exchange of meter where a customer is opting to change their tariff. In all other cases, meters will only be exchanged by ESB Networks or Gas Networks Ireland where required.

ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all electricity suppliers. As such, should you wish to discuss a replacement of your electricity meter, you willl need to contact them. You can find their contact information here.

Gas Networks Ireland are responsible for all gas meters and the gas network. Their contact details are here on their website.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Hi Aoife,

No not a meter for expensive prepay billing.."Smarter pay as you go meter" please define smarter?

A Smart Meter..

http://www.seai.ie/Renewables/Smart_Grids/The_Smart_Grid_for_the_Consumer/Home_Consumer/Smart_Meter/

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smart Metering enables new capabilities for consumers:[/font] [*]

As Electric Ireland is a subdivision of your parent company ESB, I'm sure you can identify the correct information specifically as I pay my electricity supply bill directly to Electric Ireland, and not ESB.

The link to the ESB website does not contain information regarding this.

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Stephen,

The Smarter Pay As You Go meter (named this because it has a usage recording function unlike the previous type of PAYG meter) is the only smart meter available through Electric Ireland at the moment.

The Smart Meter rollout relates to the existing ESB Networks meters at all properties (irrespective of whom the customer’s electricity billing company is) being replaced with smart meters by ESB Networks.

This process has not commenced yet - the Commission For Energy Regulation’s (CER) website has the most up-to-date information.

If you have any other queries we can assist you with, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Dose anyone know if I request an early installation of a Smart Meter is there a cost and if so how much.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Maulbrook, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

ESB Networks are in charge of the smart meter roll-out. You can contact them directly on 1800 928 123 / 01 698 5005 or email at esbnetworks@esb.ie

Please let us know if you have any questions about Electric Ireland. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement