Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with nightline couriers

Options
  • 07-03-2017 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I recieved a text from nightline on monday morning saying they had a parcel from debenhams which would be delivered the following day. I order from debenhams a few times and never had an issue with couriers, i didnt recieve the parcel today so i tracked it on nightlines website and it states delivery was attempted both monday and today but i never got a phone call from the courier or a attempted delivery note, and it also states a different county for attempted delivery on the tracking so i emailed to ask if their delivering to wrong address and reply was that delivery was attempted on monday and today and final delivery will be attempted tomorrow. Nobody was home today however on monday my brother signed for a parcel on my behalf which was delivered by an post 8minutes before the stated time delivery was attempted by nightline so he was home when nightline state they attempted delivery. Does anybody know if nightline leave a attempted delivery note.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

All sounds very familiar. Nightline are the reason my wife no longer buys from Debenhams. We had a few instances of deliveries where they said nobody was home, no answer to phone and other excuses which were simply not true. On the last occasion they phoned three times in a week looking for directions but never arrived. Deplorable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 collyb1

Srameen thanks for replying, did ur wife recieve her last order.? If i dont recieve my parcel do i contact debenhams or have to sort it out with nightline.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

She emailed Debenhams during the second week of waiting and requested a refund. When he finally arrived - 10days after first phoning for directions - she refused delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

collyb1 wrote: »
    Srameen thanks for replying, did ur wife recieve her last order.? If i dont recieve my parcel do i contact debenhams or have to sort it out with nightline.?

Your contract of sale is with Debenhams. Its their problem.

Most probably the driver is just marking an attempt on his phone and not coming near your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 collyb1

I have somebody that will be home all day tomorrow which nightline tell me will be the final attempt for delivery, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow i'll contact debenhams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement