Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Purchase - Request Transaction Reversal by BOI

• 07-03-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased 2 items from Made.com - total transaction value of £348.90 sterling (incl. Delivery fee).

The first item is not as advertised (does not support the weight advertised) and the second item was damaged (surface of desk is chipped). I have partially turned a blind eye to the chair (the retailer has simply ignored this one and I haven't pursued further - for reasons you will see).

I have called Made.com at least 10 times and sent 6 emails on the matter and I cannot get them to successfully collect the damaged item. A courier has seemingly been arranged on 5 occasions but has simply not turned up (actually received a successful notification despite the item not being collected). For virtually every phone call, there was a commitment by Made.com to call me back - none of which have materialised.

Can you advise what the procedure is that I need to follow in order for BOI to refund me the transaction?

Regards
    Luke 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased 2 items from Made.com - total transaction value of £348.90 sterling (incl. Delivery fee).

The first item is not as advertised (does not support the weight advertised) and the second item was damaged (surface of desk is chipped). I have partially turned a blind eye to the chair (the retailer has simply ignored this one and I haven't pursued further - for reasons you will see).

I have called Made.com at least 10 times and sent 6 emails on the matter and I cannot get them to successfully collect the damaged item. A courier has seemingly been arranged on 5 occasions but has simply not turned up (actually received a successful notification despite the item not being collected). For virtually every phone call, there was a commitment by Made.com to call me back - none of which have materialised.

Can you advise what the procedure is that I need to follow in order for BOI to refund me the transaction?

Regards
    Luke 
    Hi jesus-thats-gre (Luke)

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the purchases made. 

If you made the transactions with a Visa Debit Card, you can raise a Visa Debit dispute with us and there are 2 options available to you.

You can log in online www.365online.com, select 'Service Desk' facility and then chose the 'Ask A Question' option from the drop down menu. You can request here a dispute to be raised on your behalf. Please include the dates of transactions, amounts etc. and also mention the contact you have had with the company. A colleague will raise this for you.

Your second option you can complete the Visa Dispute Form here 

We hope the information helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement