Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodville House, Kilmore Road, Coolock

Options
  • 07-03-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Is anyone familiar with Woodville House on Kilmore Road, Coolock/Artane

It is behind what was a coal yard and also set behind the women's refuge at the Oscar Traynor Road end of Kilmore Road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

At least I think that's what the building is called
    It was partly repaired 15 or so years ago, let go into disrepair

Recently some form of cladding metal was put on part of the building

I seem to remember the EHB/HSE being associated with it in the past.

Can't seem to find any info on the history of the building on the net

It doesn't seem particularly significant but is probably 150 years old or so I imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'll pull out my copy of Green Fields Gone Forever later and see if it's mentioned, I can't imagine it's not.

Not exactly sure where the book is at the moment though, so it might be a couple of days.

If you're from the area, I'm sure the Library has a copy of that book by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

The current situation is that some modular housing is going up at the site of Woodville House

See here

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/modular-house-building-cost-rises-to-175m-in-dublin-city-1.2866114

There had been a plan or maybe more than a plan to turn the old house into an Arts Cente
    See here

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail1997022000065?opendocument

Hadn't heard of that book before Lovely Bloke, thanks

The irish times article calls them rapid build houses, and quotes a cost of 8.1million, hard to believe, the site of Woodville House is not extensive

I didn't get to check last night after those messages, it was late and there is a sleeping child in the house.

I'll be home at lunch time though and I'll have a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement